Vista problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by iwebgroup, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwebgroup

iwebgroup Registered Member

This little bugs in outlook - brings up following:

my outlook is always open and every time i download emails [ 12 accounts ] i get about 5 - 7 times an error that eset service stopped working and needs to be closed.

when you do this during your working day about 30 - 50 times the ESET toolbarbar in outlook shows up only the ESET NOD32 button and nothing else. then you close outlook and start outlook again.

the situation is now following. outlook takes 75% of the CPU over a minute and then i have .... moment have to count ... 7 ESET NOD32 buttons there [ but no other button as before ] EACH of this buttons you can click and in this menu i have 21 TIMES the same entry of scanner setup + user interface + help EACH of this sub menus includes again 21 Times the menu as shown in the pictures provided below.

i use win vista ultimate with 2gb Ram and intel core 2 quad on with oulook 2007.

the same strange behavior i have with firefox - if i work intensively with firefox [ 16 tabs open ] i get sometimes in less then a minute intervals the same error message: eset service has stopped working and needs to be closed.

the problem exists on ess security suite on vista 32bit with every module enabled and setup.

i was not able to solve this problem and decided to uninstall ESS security suite Beta 2 and install NOD 3.0 Beta - the same problems and the same issues.

Pictures provided below are from the NOD 3.0 Beta.

hope this help to bring light in the shadow - currently i have no working condition with both of the betas and need to go back to 2.7 [ as an test ] or looking for an alternative until the ESS Final is out.

Guido

Attached Files:

2. mhonzell

mhonzell Registered Member

I see a relationship to the number of root folders you have:
    1 Archive folder and 6 Personel Folders: 7 folders, 7 buttons. Hmm...
    12 e-mail accounts are probably confusing this also.

You could try pressing Help... :) (Just pick one.) Oh wait, this is the beta vesion. Help may be incomplete.

Or, better, disable Outlook integration in setup.
    (then re-enable... but, I doubt this actually corrects the problem.)

Overall, this is one of the best bugs I've seen! Congratulations :rolleyes:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd be interested in knowing the exact steps as how to reproduce it. I for one have never seen it nor has it been reported by those who have installed ESS beta.

4. iwebgroup

thats why i post direct the pictures - the problem is that i use NOD or ESS in a heavy working environment. means web design, web hosting, joomla development, joomla standalone server, photoshop, netauthor, total commander, plus email, firefox [ sometimes to 20 tabs ] and seltom IE7. i can give it a try but by all means i need to reinstall ess or nod beta again. since yesterday i switched over to kis to ensure a secure working condition.

5. iwebgroup

i see kis only as an temporary solutions until the problems are solved - but i see a big difference in ESS beta 2 and beta 1 - in points of stability and under working conditions was the Beta1 more reliable then the actual version [ despite the bug with the Outlook and maximized emails ].

Marcos
    What you need to know from me - i will send you every available information you require. Today i will try to reinstall ess beta 2 again [ after a backup of my hdd's ]

- is there a registry cleaner of all eset or nod registry entries ? to get back to a clean install ?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  6. iwebgroup

Thanks for the Gratulations :rolleyes:

to disable Outlook will be no option because of the flood of emails i get every day.

the problem was that: when you send/receive emails and the eset stopped working message appears then the email account which is currently processed
    getting a timeout. so after the first run you try again and again and again sometimes manually single accounts sometimes just press F9 - but the errors is still present.

7. iwebgroup

a major thing i forget - switching from beta 1 to beta 2 is not really pain free. over installation doesnt work - deinstallation - restart - new installation - restart - pc hangs on the Splash screen of ESS - restart - pc hangs on the same splash screen and remains there for 10 min or longer - then i restart and go direct into the safe mode - open explorer - close explorer [ dont know why ] restart to normal mode - no problems - update quick and everything is working perfect untill i desite to scan my system with over 590 GB [ RAID 5 + 400 GB Data ] after 17 % PC hangs until the morning when i am back to work.

8. Silenius

Silenius Registered Member

I have also experienced the splash screen hanging but intermittently. Seems minor though b/c the suite runs normally when this happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.