Does TI support SATA CD/DVD-R's for booting rescue CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cosjef, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosjef

cosjef Registered Member

My new machine has a SATA CD/DVD recorder instead of a ATAPI one. The True Image rescue disk is not booting on this new hardware. I see this error instead:

No Emulation System Type - 00
    Starting Acronis Loader
    Acronis Loader: No Configuration File Present
    Press Enter to reboot

Is anyone else successfully booting the TI rescue CD from a SATA CD/DVD recorder?

2. wh5916

wh5916 Registered Member

I purchased a new Acer system on Friday, also with all SATA drives. Same problem here--the True Image rescue disc displays the same error. I've also tried enabling the Startup Recovery Manager, and it's not working either. A "loading" screen displays after F11 is depressed, and that's all that happens. This is True Image 9.

While searching here, I found one last update for version 9 that I didn't know about...am going to give that a try, but am not expecting much of a difference, as the only changes described in that build are supposedly GUI related.

3. cosjef

cosjef Registered Member

Yep, I'm using version 10, and its no better. I saw that version 11 is in beta...perhaps that will help us out?

4. jabbermacy

jabbermacy Registered Member

NOPE! It don't work.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

It seems to be the loader issue, not connected with the Linux kernel used in Acronis Bootable Media. In this case we recommend you to submit a request for technical support. Please provide the description of the issue and the link to this thread. We will provide every Acronis customer with a special ISO image of the rescue disc based on an alternative ISOLinux loader which should fix the issue.

Please feel free to contact us again any time should you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.