Question: Will the new server be friendly to Opera?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Prince_Serendip, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Just curious.

I checked out LiquidWeb at http://www.liquidweb.com/ and found my Opera 7.23 "hiccuping" the way it does when it encounters a website geared only to IE or Netscape. Will the server site (64.91.255.96) also be okay for Opera? (Did an IP Trace and found LiquidWeb.)

Maybe a dum question? I have Opera identifying itself as IE, but I still get that hiccup. o_O

TIA

Larry :D

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Larry - I'm on Opera 7.5 at the moment and I'm not noticing the "hiccup" you're speaking of - what version of Opera are you running?

Could you kind of flesh out what kind of "hiccup" you're referring to?

(And, Merry Christmas, my friend!) Pete

3. Prince_Serendip

:) Hi Pete!

Merry Christmas! Yes, indeed, my friend. :D

Is Opera 7.5 out of Beta 1 yet?? If it is, then I will upgrade. Opera is worth every penny you pay for it!

I'm still using Opera 7.23 and I also have Proxomitron 4.5 set on default as well.

The site graphics are using Macromedia Flashplayer 6.0.79.0. It says it is now loaded on my machine. I clicked on the "About Macromedia Flashplayer" in the right-click menu on their spinning logo (top right of page). Duh! :(

The hiccup is so fast I cannot see what it is. It shows on the load bar at the bottom of the window.

I will try setting the CLSID in my SpywareBlaster Tools for Flashplayer and see what happens?

4. Prince_Serendip

:) I put on the CLSID for Flashplayer in my SpywareBlaster. However, it looks as though I may have to reboot and/or shut off Opera first to get it too work. I tried going back to that site just now and it is not working yet and still hiccuping. I hate hiccup sites. It's very distracting having the Load bar flashing off and on continuously. (Why I like Proxo so much. Give me meat not pizzazz!)

I'll be back in a few. ;)

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Larry,

The host is not an issue - the board software in use is. And that doesn't change ;)

regards.

paul

6. Prince_Serendip

:) Thank you Paul!

That's what I wanted to know.

Merry Christmas to you!

Next up, I will have to repost to the SpywareBlaster thread because the CLSID for Flash is not working.

This is getting interesting. :D

Best regards from Larry

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Merry Christmas, Larry - and all, for that matter :)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.