screwed by Hewlett-Packard sales

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

So yesterday I had to do a System Recovery with my HP Pavilion desktop and all goes well except for my network card which does not allow me to connect to the internet. After a few phone calls I am finally directed to HP's customer support. But because my computer is beyond its warranty there is no help to be offered unless I pay some outrageous amount.

But because I am a HP owner I am given a "one time offer" by the sales rep that is only good during this telephone call. The sales rep tells me that he is offering an HP computer (Compaq Presario) that notmally sells on the HP web site for $1,100 to $1,200. This one time special sale price will be only $509. And better yet, shipping will be free. He goes through the whole set-up, dual core processor, Vista Home Premium, Microsoft Office 2007 installed, etc, etc.

I take the bait and go ahead and make the purchase figuring there is a chance my current computer may never work properly again anyway.

This morning I am able to resolve my network card issue and get back on the internet. And I immediately decided to go check out my new HP computer- model number SR5152NX. A link to the computer is below-

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?product_code=GC666AA#ABA

As you can see from the link above, the everyday price is $509 not $1,100-$1,200. And shipping is free on this item. So much for the one time special offer. And actually Frys.com has the exact same model even cheaper-

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/5286177?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Needless to say, I called HP today to cancel my order. After going through a number of people who tried to talk me out of cancelling and waiting nearly TWO HOURS on the telephone I was finally connected to a sales rep. and able to cancel.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Damn. Sounds like the trouble I had a while back with those AOL people.

3. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

What, no kiss?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.