IE Toolbars missing after SpywareBlaster...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Madison Bob, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madison Bob

Madison Bob Registered Member

Hi:

I just installed SpywareBlaster and now all IE tool bars are gone. I have tried to drag them down from the top Title bar but cannot do this. I then removed all SkywareBlaster protection, but still no IE tool bars. I then uninstalled the program, but still have no tool bars. I have also rebooted several times. Any ideas how to get my IE toolbars back?

I'm not too familair forum and with no IE toolbars have a hard time navigating, so please feel free to reply directly to me at < email address removed >.

Thanks for any help on this issue

- Bob, Madison, WI

- Removed email address. Javacool has it if needed.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Madison Bob,

To my knowledge we've never had any reports about SpywareBlaster effecting IE's toolbars. The setting of ActiveX kill bits and cookie blocks is unrelated to that whole part of IE that it is hard to understand how this could happen.

Can you provide more information? Version of Windows and version of IE? Also, were these special toolbars - like a Google bar or special search or site related toolbars, or do you just mean the normal IE address bar and standard IE buttons?

It may be necessary to check your system for embedded spyware. This thread explains how to do that and how to post a log if that becomes necessary:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

3. go to
    http://www.popuptest.com

There you will see what cause you problem by running there pop test .....

You prob go hit up by one of those nasty popups then closed that window last....

I have not found a blocker that will pass all the test at popuptest.com and not crash :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.