Thanks and goodbye

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I've tried this before, but it's time to stay out of Wilders and do what I need to do in my life. I thank all the people who responded to my questions about different security software, but more importantly I thank the ones that gave me license to the ones I now use. It affords me to run AVG Pro and Firewall along with Prevx 2, and at times a-squared Anti-Malware. This is plenty of protection with Firefox and NoScript and something I simply must finally remain satisfied with. When I do have to resort to using free products though, either AVG Free, Avast or Avira PE would be fine for my AV, Comodo Pro for my Firewall, and depending on how good version 3 of CPF is, Cyberhawk Free for my HIPS. On Demand at this point would surely be a-squared Free, and maybe SuperAntiSpyware Free for a second opinion. All right then, I hope I can truly stay out of here this time, and thanks again to everyone who put up with me. Also one more special thanks to you folks that gave me the programs I'm using now. They will be very important in helping me remain satisfied enough to not only keep them installed, but stay out of a place I will sincerely miss. Darryl Duke

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Duke,

Have you considered the 12 Step Program for Forum Addicts?

My wife wants me to join one ;)

Good Luck in your travels,

...screamer

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

We'll miss ya Duke [imagine waving smiley here]

Good luck in your future endeavors and have a fun life :thumb:

4. duke1959

This will be my last day of checking in here so I will say this. I have been sober for over 11 years and most of them have been by using The Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. I am almost finished with a book I started to write in 2005, and although the experience I have had with an obsessiveness to try different security programs and frequent a forum about them will play some small part in helping me with the book, it has also hindered me somewhat in completing it. This is why I have to stop. This experience has not however affected me like my addiction to alcohol did, and actually has been quite entertaining at times. Not only that, but like a lot of things that have happened in my life, I believe there was a reason for why I experienced this other than me having an obsessive personally, and in time it will be of benefit. That's of course as long as I have learned from it and can move on to help others from what I have learned. If my past is any indication I have and will continue to do this by becoming a better person. Not better than other people, but better than I was before. That is a quote of mine from my book. However I have to add I already miss using Avira PP. LOL. Thought I'd lighten it up a bit. Take care everyone.

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Seconded :)
    Best wishes :cool:

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Laterz Duke, have fun for all of us!

dja2k

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i feel i should do the same but i just havent yet:D
    ive already got back to my old hobby which is video games lol
    anyway have a fun life duke!
    lodore

8. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I can't say that I provided any help in your security setup since nearly most of what I use, you have other programs instead. :D The PC security landscape keeps evolving and changing so what is "hot" today may be obsolete in a few years. What program combinations that will work best for you depends on how you use your system and what type of external contacts that you come across while going outside the PC. If you don't come back, then hopefully you will not ever have issues with Windows Vista and Windows Vienna in the future. ;)

If you ever get some spare time and want to see how KIS (or AOL AVS) supposedly alters the the OS system, go ahead and parse through the computer and provide a printout of the entire whole mess. LOL

Best wishes.

9. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I understand where you are coming from. Take care and good luck with the book :).

innerpeace

10. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Duke,
    Take care buddy!
    Wish you all the best.
    Let us know when your book comes out.
    I'll buy a copy but I want it autographed.:D
    Dan

11. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Best of luck to you Duke, and hopefully you'll be back one day again, if only for a brief visit once in a while.. :)

12. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

duke1959, old buddy, take care. It was nice meeting you. AND DON'T DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL CYBERDEFENDERFREE!

Dave

13. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

duke1959... good luck on your book, and the road you travel. As a fellow O.C. I understand and wish you well!!!

14. duke1959

Well this is my final post. I wasn't even going to do it, but the responses have deeply touched me. I am also a cryer, yes the kind with tears, and that is exactly what came to my eyes just now reading everyone's posts. It shows me it wasn't just my obsessiveness, and I must admit some slight compulsion that kept drawing me back here to Wilders. It was also the kinship I at least personally felt here. There's a part in my book about the loneliness I experienced as a teenager in High School, and as an active alcoholic over the 18 years that I drank. Maybe the old AA slogan "your not alone anymore" would also be suited for Wilders. LOL. Thank you all for what you posted. I will really miss everyone, and will certainly miss the kinship I truly did feel here among you crazy people. LOL.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Hope I'm not too late to say best wishes and good luck! :thumb:

16. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

Another tardy but sincere best wishes in the future. Always enjoyed your posts!

Rob

17. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

All the best duke. Aloha:thumb: (imagine a "shaka")

18. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Adios Duke1959. :cool:
    Good luck in your travels and whatever life throws at ya. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.