Scans done in safe mode don't show in the log

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by btag, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btag

btag Registered Member

Yesterday I scanned and cleaned my computer in safe mode with NOD32, Spybot, and Asquared....restarted, and repeated the scans to make sure. Today, while in normal mode, I was looking at the scan log for NOD32 and noticed that there is no record of those scans! Is this normal? Also, in the threat log, there is no record of the infections it found and removed. While in safe mode, I was not able to launch the Control center, only the NOD32 on demand scanner. Any thoughts on this?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In safe mode, the kernel service is not running. That's why the scanner could not pass this information to the kernel that would have otherwise written it to the log.

3. BradenD

BradenD Registered Member

Command line man strikes again!
    Try this:
    REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\ekrn" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"

You'll of course want to use the apropos REG Delete command when done.
    Also, no guarantees your system won't esplode.

Also, this assumes you are in safe mode WITHOUT networking, wth networking requires a different key. (Namely, "minimal" must be "Network")

Oh, and if you're already safemode, after adding the key, a
    "net start ekrn" is required.
    Unless I have the service name wrong.
    In which case, "services.msc", find the proper service, then click start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.