How to delete "Starting acronis loader"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lrenglish, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lrenglish

lrenglish Registered Member

If I don't want to let other person know that my system was backuped with this software and delete the F11 function along with the sentence appeared when startup.I know that the function remains there even though I uninstalled the program.So how can I delete it thoroughly?Thanks a lot

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

When you created a SecureZone or setup the Recovery Manager, that message was added to your boot process. If don't want to see the message, you have to use Acronis TrueImage and uninstall the Recovery Manager.

You can still use TrueImage to backup your computer either from within Windows or by booting from the Recovery CD.

Would you mind explaining why you don't want anyone to know that your system was backed up?

3. lrenglish

Thank you for your kindness.Sometimes I will backup some private data along with my system file.So I don't want anyone else know they can restore it by press F11 when started.

4. jmk94903

You could password protect the backup to prevent unauthorized restores. However, you have to be very careful not to lose the password. I don't know of anyone who has successfully restored an Acronis image that was password protected when the password was lost.

If the SecureZone is on the same drive as the data, you are not protected against a drive failure. It's best to put the backup on a different drive.

If you put the SecureZone on an external drive and activate Recovery Manager, you will not be able to boot without the external drive attached. That's very undesirable, so never use Recovery Manager with an external drive.

5. lrenglish

Thank you.I will try to use password protection.good luck.

6. jmk94903

And good luck to you. I hope you find that the password protections fills your need.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lrenglish,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as it was mentioned F11 uses to start Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (check chapter 3.4 "Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide).

In order to remove Acronis Startup Recovery Manager you could either delete Acronis Secure Zone via Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard (Chapter 9. "Managing Acronis Secure Zone"), or fix/restore your hard drive's MBR either by booting the computer from Windows installation CD and issuing the 'fixmbr' command in Recovery Console or using one of the methods described in Acronis Help Post. In the second case Acronis Secure Zone will not be deleted and you will be able to use it to store backup archives.

Note that Acronis Startup Recovery Manager uses to start standalone version of Acronis True Image. This is come in handy when you cannot boot the computer and need to perform a restoration. Another way to start the standalone version of Acronis True Image is to boot the computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD (check chapter 10 for the instruction for creating Bootable CD). Thus, you may not activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager at all in your system.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.