How to make Spyware guard auto start on computer start??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mikkel, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikkel

Mikkel Guest

Does anyone know how to make Spywareguard start automatically when the computer starts? I can't find any such function in the program. If there is not an autostart feature is there another way I can make it start automatically on computer startup?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Mikkel :)

Is the red "SG" not showing in your systems tray?

As far as i know when u download spywareguard it should automatically startup with your computer.

I have spywareguard and it has always automatically started up on my computer.

Check to see if spywareguard is in your startup folder.

If it isn't all i can suggest is to uninstall and reinstall spywareguard again.

Maybe someone else has another suggestion.

snowbound

3. sig

sig Registered Member

Check and see if you have "real time scanning" enabled in the options menu. If it's enabled I would think it would load at start up, if it doesn't post back. You can also check in msconfig (or the XP equivalent) to see if there's an item for loading on start up that might have been disabled.

Otherwise placing a short cut to the program in your start up list should also do it, but first check out the above.

4. jhiker

jhiker Registered Member

So - is it possible to ensure it runs on startup on all of the four logon accounts my family has on Win XP. At the moment it only loads on the one account that I installed it under - surely I don't have to install it four times! All the accounts are unrestricted.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.