Lost serial, and using TI10 with RAID 0/1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BIOSMonkey, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIOSMonkey

BIOSMonkey Registered Member

I bought the retail box version of TI10 from Newegg in April, but have not had a chance to install it until a couple of days ago (after my power supply burned up, I figured it was time to do a full backup:eek: )

Anyway, to reduce clutter I took the CD out of the box and threw it away - apparently with the serial too - and now I can't install it. I have been using TI8, and that one came in a jewel case with the serial printed on the back, but the only thing I can find for TI10 is the CD in a paper sleeve.

I sent an email to tech support with my invoice as an attachment; hopefully they will take pity and send me another.

In the meantime, can someone who bought v10 retail box tell me where the serial is located? Is it printed on a manual? Did the CD come in a jewel case that I may have misplaced? If I know what it is on, it will help to know what to look for.

One other important question:

I have an Asus A8N-SLI board, which has nvidia SATA raid and also a SiI raid controller. I am using a single SATA WD Raptor, two drives in RAID0 and two more in RAID1. I bought TI10 hoping that it would let me see the drives, but no such luck (when I booted the CD). The only drive I can image is the Raptor.

Am I out of luck with backing up my RAID drives? Obviously my RAID1 array is the most important thing I need to archive, but TI10 could not see it (at least the bootable CD could not). Will the installation of TI10 into XP Pro see the drives?

Also, should I uninstall v8 before installing v10?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The first thing is to register your product with Acroins as soon as you get the serial number. Then, download the latest version and install that using the serial number. Create a new Recovery CD and test that for RAID support.

There is also a set of drivers that you can download and install which may provide support if the latest version still doesn't.

In most cases, the Windows version of TI will be able to read and backup your drives since it can use the Windows drivers. You can also restore partitions/drives other than the boot drive from within Windows.

The boot partition or drive has to be restored from the Linux environment of the Recovery CD, so test that fully. If there is no support, you can make a BartPE boot disk which is the Windows environment to use instead.

See the stickies at the top of the forum for information on these topics.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BIOSMonkey,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that in case you have purchased a boxed (retail) version of Acronis True Image, the serial number can be found on the backside (or inside) of the Startup Guide, which comes with the software.

Since you have already contacted Acronis Support Team regarding the serial number with the information about your purchase of Acronis software, you should be contacted shortly with the further instructions. If you will not be contacted within 48 hours, please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address. We will find out the reason for the delay.

As for the issue with RAID array, please note that Acronis True Image supports RAID configurations (including RAID 0,1,5, etc.) even while booted from Bootable Rescue media. Thus, in order to investigate the issue please do the following:

1) Provide the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use;

2) After installing the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, please create a new Bootable CD and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. To get access to updates you should first register your software;

3) Please create Acronis Report the way described in Acronis Help Post.

Having collected the above information submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

As for the installing Acronis True Image 10.0 Home over the previous version, please have a look at this previous post of mine that should answer your question.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  4. BIOSMonkey

BIOSMonkey Registered Member

Thanks.
    Ugh...if it was on the user guide, then it was probably thrown away accidentally or misplaced. I'm usually very careful about that...so it may have gotten lost amongst other papers. :doubt:

I have not heard anything yet regarding the serial...if I am able to get another then I will follow all instructions, update to the latest build and report back.

Incidentally the RAID0 array is on the Nvidia nforce4, and the RAID1 is on Silicon Image 3114R. These are part of the Asus A8N-SLI motherboard, which I would assume would be a popular combination to have.

I don't know if the CD top has the software version, but there is some text that says PC0530CD and VersionDPV1.0, so probably this is the initial release.

5. ScubaX

ScubaX Registered Member

More than likely you did not get a quick start guide and no serial number. I just received mine today from Amazon.com with no quick start guide in the box. There are a number of negative reviews on Amazon about this. I should have been more cautious in my purchase and checked the reviews before purchasing but, the trial version worked so well, I did not check them.

Hopefully Acronis' will solve the problem before the trial software expires on my PC.

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

If you can return it and download from Newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681528708SF. An upgrade download is also available http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681531211SF cheaper than the full install.

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Registered Member

I might do that if the problem is not solved on Monday. Thanks for the links. I wanted the boxed product since it only cost $8.00 more from Amazon and I had free shipping.

8. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The boxed product is usually an old build whereas the download is usually the latest build. Plus its instant no waiting on UPS. :D

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.