Looking for a good Security Suite..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by razor0018, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razor0018

razor0018 Registered Member

to replace KIS 6.0.2.621. I am having problems making it work nice and stable on my pc. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Have you tried version 7. I would go that route before bailing. Or go Power Shadow and Sandboxie and you want need anything else.

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

You might want to try Eset's (new) Smart Security. It is available as a public beta version, but it's been running flawlessly on my test system for 2-weeks!

4. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

I'm having the chkdsk problem with KIS (and ZoneAlarm Suite) so I'm also interested in another internet suite, have you any idea when Eset Smart Security will release the new suite (not beta)?

John.

5. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Has the scheduled scan problem been fixed. I could never get a scheduled scan to run. I would set up the time for a scheduled scan, but when that time arrived, there was no GUI showing that a scan was running. Just wondering. :)

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

It's probably best to trial some different programs and see which run best on you computer. Are some other programs conflicting with KIS? As for suites not yet mentioned, you may want to give Norton 2007 or Norton 360 a try as well as Avira or Panda.

Also, if you decide on Norton or Panda be sure and shop around because either of them can be found heavily discounted or free after rebate quite often. Frys.com and Newegg.com (among many other places) usually as deals of one sort or another.

7. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

How exactly is it unstable? Are you positive that your pc is stable to begin with? :cool:

Stress Prime (Prime95 w/ GUI), Memtest86+, and Super Pi are excellent apps for testing stability.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Key words "test system." I would not use it on my primary computer at this time.

9. razor0018

You can check my situation further at the english protection for home users forum at kaspersky.

10. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

A direct link or a copy/paste of your previous response concerning the issue would have been adequate. :cautious:

11. razor0018

12. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I am using Eset's Smart Security. It has been on my laptop for over a month with zero problems. I have used computers since 1968, and this is the most trouble free security software I have used. Over the past year, I have tested virtually all security suites, and ESS works the best for me-at least on my system.

13. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's stay on topic in these threads. The original question has nothing to do with alternative operating systems.

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hi razor,

i suggest you try Norton 2007, AVG or Panda.

all 3 have vastly improved, and for a 'suite' all 3 are good ones for sure.

id also mention F-secure, but 'some' people do have problems with it, but i'll mention it if you wish to try it.

16. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

You contacted support with this yesterday and if you want members in the forum to help you, it will take quite a bit more info than just posting a dump if they are to have any chance of helping you. :)

17. Carzpurzkey

Carzpurzkey Registered Member

ZoneAlarm Internet Security 7 is good, it uses Kaspersky engine, if you prefer that engine!

18. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

The engine is good indeed. But that's why they are arguing. He is having a issue on this one. Well everybody knows if you really have an issue with Kaspersky please visit and post at www.kaspersky.com

19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

While I never had the chkdsk problem, it has been around a long time, and I am not aware that any other AV has such a problem. It would seem reasonable to me that Kaspersky would have identified and corrected the problem by now.o_O

I have been using F-Secure IS on my laptop for several months with satisfaction. My only complaint is that it takes a minute or so longer to load at start. Otherwise it has been a good "install and forget" suite.

I would also trial AntiVir.

Regards,
    Jerry

20. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

Been there, done that. I have also corresponded with Kaspersky support in regards the problem, and done a number of tests with them. They did state that the problem would be fixed in the new version 7 but I read somewhere on the Kaspersky forum that the problem is still there.
    I have also tried ZoneAlarm SS (using Kaspersky) and the chkdsk problem is exactly the same, pity because I really liked ZASS even more than KISS.

21. tayres

tayres Guest

FWIW, I installed KAV6 and KIS6 several times with no problems... under these circumstances: Kaspersky is the very first application installed on a 'clean' system (reformat/reinstall or equivalent).

Anything else has yielded 'mixed' results in my experience.

22. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

I'm afraid that *any* software with that requirement is of no interest to me:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.