Winpooch

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bryanjoe, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

my firewall prompt this

is-PDN1.tmp might be using Winpooch.exe to connect to internet?

Any problem?

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

There are VERY few Winpooch users here at Wilders, and I am not one of them. Hopefully someone will come around to help your problem.

In the meantime, maybe you can state your problem again in different words...

>Has Winpooch been running okay on your computer? If so, how long have you been using it? Also, are you using the Clam-AV add-on to Winpooch?

>Which firewall are you using?

>Did you recently install a new program or open an email attachment?

>Is your computer running okay right now?

I hope someone comes by to help. Best of luck to you.

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Bryanjoe,

I have enclosed a WinPooch filter set. It protects windows vulnarable directories and modification of executables. Also the Registry startup keys are protected (thanks to Toni Klein).

I have set the netconnect trigger also, so you can build up your own set of outbound rules (by allowing and setting up a new filter for that program).

Download the text file, open with XP notepad and save as ansi file with .WPF file, next import these rules in WinPooch. When you have any questions just PM me. Bellgamin told me a could never go on holiday to Hawai when I should not help you. ;)

Regards K

Attached Files:

5. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

kees1958, thanks alot....

6. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

If not for SSM/EQSecure and a few others i would likely have Winpooch running full-time. I found it really good at intercepting a lot of potential interprocess signals and identifies files/path really nice, but.....................

7. Kees1958

Easter

When driving the freeware lane:

SSM-Free and WinPooch (Reg + File + Outbound), together provide the "easiest" and broadest classical Anti-Executable protection.

Samoerai (driver loading warning), CyberHawk (version 1.2.0.39 slim & restructured source code version covering mainly process modificaton) and WinPooch (Reg + File + Outbound) are in my opinion the easiest to use Behavior Blocking freeware set.

Reg K

8. korb

korb Registered Member

abit off track,how gd is winpooch outbound protection.i used it before but it never promt me on any outbound connection.now i just need an outbound to fix the hole for my setup.

9. Kees1958

Korb,

The default filter set contains "netconnect" action. Otherwise clear the rule set and add for all programs (the *) a new filter for for reason id Net::Connect, Param1 = Address (Any Value, *), Param2 = Port (Any Value, *), Param3 = Protocol (Any Value, *).

Set Reaction to ASK and REJECT, Verbosility to LOG (choose for new made rules after a prompt Reaction = Accept, Verbosility = Silent)

Reg K

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I agree completely. Winpooch "IS" that efficient from my experience with it. The thought didn't really occurred to me with that particular combo though, something worth teaming up, thats for certain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.