Save images from Secure-Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 660207, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 660207

660207 Registered Member

Hi,

is it possible to create images in the Secure-Zone and save them after that to an external usb-HDD?
    Or are these images "something special" and they don't work without Secure-Zone placement?

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

No, you are not able to simply copy a whole image that was created as a secure zone archive. You are restricted to mounting the archive and you can copy files from it but not the whole image.
    However what you can do is Restore a secure zone image to a USB drive. This would give you a potentially bootable HDD backup though to get it to work for sure you should physically replace the existing drive with it.

Xpilot

3. 660207

660207 Registered Member

Thanks!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 660207,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as Xpilot said, it is not possible to manually manage (delete, copy etc) backup archives stored in Acronis Secure Zone.

I would also recommend that you have a look at this thread <Move backups from Aronis Secure Zone> to learn more about Acronis Secure Zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. SysWiz

SysWiz Registered Member

I simply booted into Knoppix bootable CD and it mounted the secure zone partition. I was then able to see the .TIS files and copy them to another location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.