German PCU Update to 2.7

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jdo2000, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdo2000

jdo2000 Registered Member

Hi,

we are using NOD32 2.5 in the enterprise Edition in our Network. Since we deployed nod32 to our computers last year, nod32 v2.7 was not released yet.
    My question is: when eset plan to release the update to 2.7 via pcu in german language? Is there any time frame announced?

Regards JDO

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Soon. The German distributor only needs to announce it first.

3. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Since your latest post, nothing happens. The same, with the german Version 2.70.37. It is still not avaible for downloading.

When ESET will push it out ?

4. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Why are you ignoring my post ? There still no newer installer avaible. Not on the german and not on the us.Side. So ?! o_O

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ Steel

If you still use v 2.5 , why don't you manually upgrade to v 2.70
    It will have the same effect like automatic update from ESET servers . I am sure there is a reason for delaying (e.g. ESET staff taking care of not-overloading update servers , local German distibutor , etc )

Simply download German NOD32 v 2.70.32 from
    http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php
    and install it over your current NOD32 . You are ready ! ;)

6. Marcos

There are already a couple of PCUs being pushed to the users, after they have been distributed other PCUs will follow.

7. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Thanks guys for your reply :thumb: but i'm asking about the newest Installer 2.70.37.

I think, you both are talking about the PCU of the 2.70.32.

Is the manualy download of the german 2.70.37 somewhere avaible ? Thanks in advance for giving me the link.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

2.70.37 is English only version . All you need is some version 2.70
    Important are the first 3 numbers (2.70.xx) . Others are minor changes .

9. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Yep, I' know, but, there is, as every year, still the english and the slovak Version avaible. No german anywhere.

10. Whissi

Whissi Registered Member

You call a fix for a stack overflow, which could be localy exploited a minor change? Good to know...

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

If it was a major change , ESET would have put it as a PCU to all existing NOD32 users

12. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Oh guys, whtas going on here ? First there's no 2.70.37 ( because of no important minor fixes ). Now i can see there's a newer Version as the just upcoming. No it's the 2.70.39. But still no german or other languages packages.
    And, a 2.70.37 not at all. :mad:

And i'm not talking about the PCU Update. I mean the newer and newest Installer.

13. Marcos

Well, it seems like suggesting to postpone the release of all language versions until they all have been tested. I don't think this is a good approach as it might take some distributors several days to finish testing. The other language versions will be released as soon as the particulat distributors have confirmed they are ready for release, this is a part of our QA policy.

14. jdo2000

jdo2000 Registered Member

Hi,

the point is that manually updating to 2.7 is not an option in a corporate environment.
    V2.7 has got some major improvements in security (root-kit detection..) which i want to use to secure our computers. It is a little bit sad to see, that there is no pcu update since 5-6 month after releasing V2.7.

JDP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.