Help R-Firewall Problem

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by thanatos_theos, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

I have a problem with R-Firewall. I downloaded it to test it. After finding out its too complicated I uninstalled it. After uninstalling it, it is still on in the windows security center. How can I fix it. Is it associated with the registry? I tried asking from F-Secure but they have not replied yet. Please I need help...

Regards,
    thanatos_theos

2. thanatos_theos

Still no reply from F-Secure. It has been almost a day since I sent them a request. Oh... They irritate me! During the past they reply really fast, 15 to 30 minutes only.

I read in another forum that system restore will do the trick. However when this problem erupted I had my system restore turned off. What should I do now. I have no restore points. If only someone will help me... I think its a registry problem, if not maybe in the OEM.

I'll appreciate any form of help (^-^)

Stressed,
    thanatos

3. thanatos_theos

Please I really need help regarding R-Firewall after uninstallation remnants! I cannot use another firewall because Windows Security Software say that I have 2 firewalls eventhough R-Firewall has been uninstalled already!

Does anyone know the FBSL syntax for downloading webfiles. Just asking. Any reply will be much appreciated...

thanatos

4. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Not good with links, so:
    1)search for pctools
    2) Go to pctools firewall thread
    3) page 6
    4) post 147

Fellow member Hipgnosis gives some advice on how to remove pctools firewall from the security center after uninstall. I assume it will work for you (emphasis on assume). This is the best this novice can do for you. Eventually, a more knowledgable member will ride to the rescue to answer your questions.

5. thanatos_theos

Thank you Benny Bronx. But where can I find the post. I went to page 6 but I can't find the word post there. Could you just copy paste the link when you reply...

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. thanatos_theos

Thanks Ronjor. I'll try it now and see if it will work for me. I'll post the results after doing what Hipgnosis said.

Regards,
    thanatos_theos

8. thanatos_theos

It really worked! Credits to Benny Bronx, Ronjor and Hipgnosis.

By any means, anyone there know the FBSL syntax for downloading webfiles?

Relieved,
    thanatos

9. steve161

Thanks for the link ronjor. One of these days, I will figure out how to do this myself. In my other life, people actually consider me intelligent.

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you want to post a link to a certain post in a thread, right click on the number of the post in the thread, and select copy. You can then post that link in a new post.

Attached Files:

11. steve161

Thank you my friend

Edit: Good choice of image. LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.