The next level of madness - CA offers up to $6500 worth of protection against damage

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Firecat, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I was just looking through the eTrust site when I saw these page:

http://shop.ca.com/virus/antivirus.aspx
    http://shop.ca.com/STContent/Warranty/warranty.aspx?sc_lang=en-US

I was like :eek: on reading this, though the offer is only for US residents. See the below quote:

The above offer is for their Internet Security edition. I also saw the below offer which says something that is applicable for both Antivirus and Internet Security:

I begin to ask, what kind of madness is this? With CA's detection rates, hell yeah they're going to let a lot of malware through. They'll go bankrupt paying $1500 worth of service. More on this below:

You can find the full terms and conditions here:

http://shop.ca.com/STContent/Warranty/tc_iss.aspx

The $5000 and $1500 reimbursement offers are both available for users of CA Internet Security, bringing the total to $6500. :eek:

I honestly cannot figure out how they have the guts to carry out such a program with their level of detection rates. Is the world going mad? First it was Panda with their 100% virus free guarantee and now CA with the same thing in different words o_O

2. coldplay

coldplay Registered Member

hahaha, they will never pay

3. Arin

Arin Registered Member

There must be a catch or some fine line written with invisible ink which only turns up under UV rays. AFAIK in any court the burden of proof will lie on the person making the claim that CA failed to deliver the security it promised. So proving CA the culprit not the OS/hardware/ISP might become difficult.

In any case, it seems that the competition is forcing the management to come up with new tactics. I wish they'd use their brain in enhancing the product not in marketing.

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Re: The next level of madness - CA offers up to $6500 worth of protection against dam

Looks like they don't trust their own products.

5. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

Hah maybe we should all get CA and get free money.

6. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Im wandering what is the way to find out if you are eligible to get money in case your PC was damaged by malware hahaah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.