_~~ missing

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Meriadoc, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

What is _~~ missing telling me? I cannot use any snapshots.
    '_~~ missing First Defense-ISR Error Press any key for Windows' which will then boot to primary.
    3.20 build 202

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I assume this is the new Leapfrog version. The error sounds like it is having trouble determining whats what with the snapshot so it just boots into the primary.

If it is the new leapfrog version, your only option may be to go back to the last Raxco release. They won't support the new version until they test it and release it.

Pete

PS Only thing I can think of is an uninstall and reinstall.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Meriadoc,
    Are you a beta-tester ? If not, you better use the latest official version of FDISR, like Peter said.

What's the benefit of using Leapfrog's version ? There is no significant improvement for an average user, except
    - winVISTA compatibility, the latest Windows version.
    - the boot process changed, which average user cares about that ?

Years ago, I was an early user of win2000pro and I had nothing but problems with other softwares, because they weren't ready for win2000pro. The same will happen to me when I use WinVISTA.
    So I wait... because I don't want these troubles again.

If you combine winVISTA and the beta version of FDISR, isn't it obvious that problems might occur and there is no support either to help you out.

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Hey meriadoc
    What OS?
    You using FDISR as boot loader.?
    Did you upgrade to the newer version of FDISR from Leapfrog or other reseller?
    Uninstall previous version or install "over the top"
    Did you keep previous snapshots?
    DO any disc re-arranging between different versions of FDISR?

CAn you elaborate a bit?
    ANy potential issues with V3+ need illuminating

Regards.

5. Meriadoc

Hi guys, sorry I left little information but it was a quick post as it is a holiday here and nice weather in uk I wanted to take advantage:cool:.
    To the credit of FD-ISR I have never had any problems with it. I installed the 1.20beta for vista compatibility as I need winVISTA;) option so I can work and have to have vista installed as opposed to in a virtual machine.
    I had alittle problem right there as the new beta didn't recognize my Raxco ver and eventually ran out. So I then went on to the latest Leapfrog release and sure enough my ID was there but from then selecting a snapshot I get that error message.
    For ms os I primary use xpsp2 and FD-ISR as boot loader on this machine. I uninstalled and kept snapshots before installing and used no other program. I tried installing FD again, I even disabled pre-boot but still the same. Anything strike you guys?

6. Longboard

Meriadoc
    I dont know but there may be an issue with the Vistaboot loader and the new FDISR v3
    I haven't experimented with Vista at all as yet but the previous practise of using "FDISR as boot manager" might need revisiting with the new version. o_O

7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have the latest Leapfrog version and all is running fine with both Vista and XP snapshots fyi.

I am not sure about this since I have not done it in any other way, but did you install all the versions of raxco in the right order?
    I mean when I installed a clean windows with a Vista snapshot it was a real pain since I bought Raxco version two years ago, I had to install the first outdated raxco version and then install and uninstall all the new versions so I could install the latest (then Leapfrog 1.20) version.
    Unless you have the latest version of Raxco already of course....

8. Meriadoc

right order yes.

I can create an empty snapshot which is available but that doesn't help much, this is weird, I wonder if I can replace what is missing - the logs arnt helping me as of yet.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

See my post about imaging vs FDISr. I just did an upgrade install, and the old version seem to be alive and well

10. Longboard

What was the issue?
    Fixed??

Be interested to know
    Thx

11. Meriadoc

I haven't the foggiest Longboard everything unavailabe to FD ended up in temp files so I went to a previous image and backups.

Nice to know for future reference though ?

12. Longboard

Did you get in touch with Raxco or whoever?

Heh:
    Redundancy: lock it in.

You may be the only person here who has actually broken, really broken FDISR?

Wetware problem ?? :D

Working now.?

13. Meriadoc

No, I may of posted here by mistake actually as I think it was the latest beta. I was hoping someone or Lf would have a quick solution, in the end I took the fastest route.

I'll say again though, to the credit of FD-ISR I have never had any problems, nor have any issues with it - a really excellent software that goes beyond an immediate system recovery program.

Yup working okay second time around.
    Wetware Lol :D... yeah PEBKAC

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.