"game password" stealing trojan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ledsr40, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ledsr40

Ledsr40 Registered Member

First I'll start by saying that I think gamespot is hacked or something because I got a virus reported by Outpost when browsing the site.

I got a popup from Outpost with some spyware trojan called OnLineGames.
    I deleted it and scanned the computer with nod. Then nod popped up three instances of viruses two in jpg images with a virus called

TrjoanDownloader.Ani.Gen

Then there is a executable with the virus

Agent.NCC trojan

According to Eset, http://www.eset.eu/buxus/generate_page.php?page_id=15567
    It's for stealing passwords for the game Zhengtu (which I have never heard of).

All three are some "possible variant of" of the above viruses. And they are all in the temporary internet folder.

My first question is asking for someone to explain to me what those viruses are and what they do.

And the second question is whenever there is some virus coming from the internet and supposedly blocked they always end up in the temp internet folder. Shouldn't the security programs block it from entering the computer? Why are they all saved on my computer when they should have been blocked?

Thanks in advance.:)

2. planet

planet Registered Member

3. Ledsr40

Ledsr40 Registered Member

I have rescanned my computer with nod with all of the hurestics on and it reports clean. So what should I do now? Or in other words how serious is this thing and what kind of situation I'm in here and what other steps should I take?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.