Other browsers

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by haddock, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haddock

haddock Registered Member

Does SpywareBlaster work only with IE? I use the Opera browser 99.99% of the time. I can't find anything about that in the FAQs or in any of the forums I've read so far.
    Haddock :rolleyes:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareBlaster is certainly most useful when used with Internet Explorer v6, however it does have some value when the primary browser is something other than IE6.

The SpywareBlaster cookie protections only work for IE6. As for the primary protection, that being the "killing" of known spyware related ActiveX controls, this is not actually done within IE but is made through global settings stored in the Windows registry.

ActiveX controls can be run by means other than calls from IE, though IE is clearly the most ActiveX integrated application. If you have any of the SB protected ActiveX controls on your system, or if these get called (to be either downloaded or executed) through any other means than IE, they will still be killed by the protections from SpywareBlaster.

Using SpywareBlaster has almost no downside. It doesn't take system resources because it doesn't run in the background. It doesn't seem to conflict with any Windows applications. It takes very little disk space and updating it is at most a two-minute job, once every week or two. Yes, it is best with IE6, but it is still of some value with any other browser running on your system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.