Trueimage 9 won't install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jond82, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jond82

jond82 Registered Member

I previously had trueimage 9 installed on my laptop and was quite happy with it. Our company uses it on all our employees laptops, so we have quite a few copies now, both home and workstation. At one point, I uninstalled the product to do a screen-by-screen installation and configuration procedure for the company handbook, but upon uninstalling could not get it to reinstall, failing with: "The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image home could be installed. You need to restart the installer and try again."

I've contacted support and gotten nowhere, and I've been having this problem for 2 months now. I've still not gotten any significant response from support so I'm asking you folks if you have any ideas. I've followed the forum instructions to manually remove the files and registry entries from the previous install and still have gotten nowhere, and I'm about ready to reinstall from scratch my entire OS as a result of this. Seems pretty bad when I have to reinstall the operating system just to get my previously working backup product to work.

So, what next, does anyone know?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

When you manually removed entries from the Registry did this include entries for BOTH Acronis and True Image?
    Do you use any kind of "houskeeping" software to clean out your Cookies, Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders?
    Do you use any Registry cleaners to clear out "orphaned" entries?

3. jond82

jond82 Registered Member

When you manually removed entries from the Registry did this include entries for BOTH Acronis and True Image?
    I followed the exact instructions on another thread for doing a manual uninstall.
    There is not a trace of any true image or acronis reference in the registry.

Do you use any kind of "houskeeping" software to clean out your Cookies, Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders?
    I regularly run disk cleanup (built into windows) to clear out temp files.
    Do you use any Registry cleaners to clear out "orphaned" entries?
    This I have not done. Should I, and if so, which do you suggest?

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Two excellent FREE programs which are "must have" nowadays are CCleaner and RegSeeker. Consult your Google Gods for download locations. ;) Other good registry cleaners are RegCure and RegVac- don't remember how much they are.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jond82,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request number which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.