Does the update for TI v10 fix everything?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by andyloc, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyloc

andyloc Registered Member

Hi just logged back in after a while.

Does the Feb 15th TIv10 build #4940 fix everything that was wrong?

it states
    Backup creation of MS Outlook 2000 and MS Outlook 2003 imap accounts
    File level archive creation fixes
    Better hardware support
    Bootable media fixes
    Fixes for working under Windows Vista 64
    Fixes of working with FTP.
    Windows Vista restoring fixes
    Email notification fixes

so does this mean that email backup is now working for everyone? as this was a major thing that wouldnt work.

Also does backing up settings etc work ok?

Is the program in general a lot better now?

I am about to do a complete backup of my system inc seperte backup for emails, music, video, photos etc so need to know

thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello andyloc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that the latest build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, which is 4942 at this time (for both English and German versions), contains certain fixes including the fix for the issue with backing up MS Outlook settings and messages using "My E-mail" option.

The latest build 4942 of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home can be downloaded from the "Product Update" section of your account.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. como

como Registered Member

Aleksandr

What are the differences between build 4942 and 4940? The difference in build numbers is not so great as previous builds in versions 8 and 9.

The change log is exactly the same for 4942 and 4940 and gives no clues, if the change is just so it matches with the German version a lot of your customers on dial-up will be unhappy about downloading a 102.5 MB file for no reason.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The change history is their to merely tantalize, not to inform ;-)

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Acronis ,
    Some questions concerning the change from V10 4940 to 4942.
    Will it be adventageous to create a new rescue CD or are both builds the same in this respect?

I normally stop the TI services then uninstall the previous build before updating to a new build. Is it OK to install 4942 on top of 4940 ?

It would be nice to know EXACTLY what has changed between the versions so I can assess if it is worthwhile to make the changes for my system.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Install over 2940? This worked on one machine but not on another, so I guess try it and see.

sh

7. pydon

pydon Registered Member

The build 4942 hasn't fixed the bug with Intel 965P chipset... it's really a shame!

This problem exists for nearly 1 year. Acronis Startup Recovery Manager still doesn't work (ATA error) and the bootable cd is usable only in safe mode, but the transfer with the hdd is very slow.

And why Acronis doesn't give the choice to use the Recovery Manager in safe mode? So it could be still usable with this chipset.

I've bought a retail version and I'm very disappointed by this product and the support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.