Can't create a bootable rescue media - nothing happens?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by laxxe, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laxxe

laxxe Registered Member

I bought True Image because I want a bootable CD, which I can use for both making backups and restoring (and then not need to install anything on the PC).

When I'm clicking Create Bootable Rescue Media nothing happens - at all! I've tried to install the program on two different PCs - but nothing happens?

Am I'm doing something wrong?

2. laxxe

laxxe Registered Member

Anyone? I really can't use TI for what I intended, without a bootable CD...

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I can only guess that your TI installation is corrupted.
    I suggest you register your copy of TI with Acronis and download the latest build of the version you purchased. If it already is the latest build re-download it anyway.
    Remove your current installation using Add Remove Programs and re-install the fresh download.
    Hopefully that should get thins working properly.

No special houskeeping should be necessary though deleting .temp files and empty the garbage bin could help if you have not done it for a while.

Xpilot

4. cdikland

cdikland Registered Member

I had the same problem when the Roxio plugin "DragToDisk" was running. I got no error message and no indication anything was wrong except that TI just sat there looking stupid :mad: The minute I terminated "DragToDisk" and re-invoke the TI "Create Bootable..." it worked like a charm.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

That was a know stumbling block for True Image in previous versions ... didn't think it still is, but apparently it is.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. fumichael

fumichael Registered Member

Hello laxxe,

Make a custom installation and change the location from C:\Programmer\ to C:\Program Files\

It Works in XP Home sp2.

8. laxxe

laxxe Registered Member

Thanks, I'll try that some time.

But! I think that Acronis should fix this, instead of we should do some "odd stuff" to use their product.

It seems like they've fixed it, but I haven't downloaded the latest build yet - I'll do that in a week, when I get back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.