Can't share folders after installing TI10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MrBear, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBear

MrBear Registered Member

I installed TI10 and discovered that I could no longer share any of my folders using simple sharing with other users on a peer to peer network. They will get an access denied message.

Note: I had not even performed any backups or other activities I just installed from a retail boxed version of the program I purchased at COMPUSA.

The problem remains even after disabling all firewalls. However, when I uninstalled TI10, I could share my folders again.

I have GOBACK 4.0 and Ghost loaded on the system. Does either program have an incompatibility with TI10 that might cause this result?

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Go Back has been incompatible with TI in the past, and it looks like it is more incompatible with TI 10.

Uninstall Go Back and try again.

3. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

4. jmk94903

Good thought. Norton/Symantec products often set the irpstacksize incorrectly. I've seen this on systems with Norton Antivirus.

5. MrBear

MrBear Registered Member

You were both right!

If I uninstall GOBACK I can share folders again. However, by setting the IRPStackSize to 20 I am able to have both programs installed.

Naturally, GOBACK must be disabled (not uninstalled) before doing backups or cloning but this is true for any drive imaging program (e.g. Ghost, DriveImage) .

Thanks for clearing up the mystery. Paid support at Symantec did not have a clue.

6. jmk94903

I'm glad we could help. Thanks for the feed back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.