Application Settings Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by candle_66, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candle_66

candle_66 Registered Member

Me confused.

Application Settings backup question.

A) Does it work?

B) See above !

I use Acronis TI10 to do full image backups. I have no probs but..

A friend who wants a decent backup prog, asked me if True Image 10 can backup individual programs and settings.

I have tested out on my machine with Adobe 7. I backed it up using My Application Settings and then uninstalled Adobe. I then booted up TI 10 using boot disk and tried to restore the Adobe TIB file. It sort of worked but did not restore the application.

Stupid question, but should it restore the Adobe application as well as the settings?

I am sold on the Acronis products and tell everyone who will listen how good they are.

I have completely restored from Images my laptop 3 times and not lost a thing

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello candle_66,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as stated in chapter 5.2.3 "My Application Settings backup" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide, using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home you can back up only application settings, but not the application executable files. If an application seems to malfunction or ceases to run you are supposed to reinstall it using the last updates and then recover your settings from the backup.

Please also have a look at this post by mark7 where you can find the list of applications supported in the current version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. The list of supported applications will be gradually built up.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. smythg

smythg Registered Member

I have just puchased TI Home 10 and wanted to use the Application Settings backup. When I run this it gives me a list of supported applications, but it does NOT allow me to select/check any of the listed applications.

I can understand it not allowing me to select applications I do not have, but the ones I do, like IE and iTunes, it still does not allow me to select.

Am I doing something wrong? I am using the latest build which I downloaded just yesterday.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The ATI program has to be written for each particular application it handles. So the list is limited and fixed, at least until a new version/build comes out.

sh

5. smythg

smythg Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I had not realised ATI was restricted to specific releases of applications to. They all seem to be old releases (IE 6, iTunes 6 etc) that are supported. I guess I will need to wait for an update to ATI before this feature is useful.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Yes, it's not apoint driven home in the marketing info on the product. If it's the main reason one buys ATI, it's a terrific disappointment.

What's really disappointing is why all programs that have customizable settings don't have incorporated into them an easy way to save settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.