Difficulty creating a multi-product bootable rescue disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ich, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ich

ich Registered Member

I'm not getting any responses over at the original post, maybe I'll have more luck in this forum... The problem includes DD & TI, but is related to Bootable Rescue Media (which doesn't have it's own forum) so I'm grasping at straws - my appologies if this is considered a dupe.

Original post Here

2. mustang

mustang Developer

You shouldn't be having this problem. I can confirm this combiation works.

Check the following location in your registry:

HKLM\Software\Acronis\Media Builder\Products

You should see all the products that show up when you run Create Bootable Recovery Media. There should be 4 entries for Disk Director. If they do not exist, you can enter them manually.

The entries are as follows:

"DiskDirectorFullMedia" "C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\diskdirector_full.config"

"DiskDirectorSafeMedia" "C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\diskdirector_safe.config"

"OSSelectorActivator" "C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\oss_activator.config"

"OSSelectorInstall" "C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\oss_install.config"

To enter them manually, open regedit and highlight HKLM\Software\Acronis\Media Builder\Products. Go to the menu and select "Edit/New/String Value". Enter the name "DiskDirectorFullMedia" without the quotes. Then highlight the new name and go to the menu and select "Edit/Modify". Now enter "C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director\diskdirector_full.config" without the quotes. Do this for the other missing entries. Now start either DD10 or TI10 and see what you get.

This all assumes you installed the product to the default location. Make sure the files on you HDD agree with the location you enter in the registry.

3. ich

ich Registered Member

The entries were missing from that registry key. Adding them in manually seems to have resolved the issue, the options showed and I'm currently burning the CD. If there are any problems, I'll come back and post, but it looks good.

Thanks!

4. mustang

mustang Developer

Glad to hear it worked.

5. high-in-the-sky

high-in-the-sky Registered Member

Hello Mustang,

I have the same problem. TI10 and DD10 actuall builds are installed.
    There are no entries for DD10 in the registry and searching for the files you discribed, I can't find them.
    I have made a new installation and a repair of installation but nothimg changed.
    TI10 is listed and possible to make a bootable CD/DVD.
    Do you have an idea??

Thanks

6. mustang

mustang Developer

Sorry. If the files don't exist there is nothing you can do. Did you do a complete uninstall of both products? If you do, install DD10 first and see if the files exist.

7. high-in-the-sky

high-in-the-sky Registered Member

Thanks Mustang!

After the first installations of TI10 and DD10 I have had everytime the problem, that the media builder shows only TI10 full and safe. At last I tried a installation of DD10 without installing the media builder, hoping that this will solve my problem thinking the 2 times installation of the media builder with TI10 and DD10 perhaps will cause this.
    Now I have installed the media builder from DD10 again and edited the registry like your description.
    Now all works fine! Thanks very much!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.