ProSecurity ver1.22 (HIPS software)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PSDeveloper, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

I'm very glad people like this software.
    Thanks for all people here who reviewed PS or gave us any feedback!
    Under your helping, ProSecurity ver1.22 is out today!
    Any feedback will be appreciated!

Links:
    Download: http://www.proactive-hips.com/download.php
    Discuss on this forum about PS ver1.21: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=152297

What's new? [November 15, ver1.22]
    ----------------------------------------
    1. [New] Installing mode for program rules.
    2. [New] Protection group for program rules.
    3. [New] Auto allow libraries to load(selectable).
    4. [New] Detect and block keyloggers.
    5. [New] New functions for warning box(Block & Terminate, Allow & Set to installing mode, Allow & Ignore checksum verify always).
    6. [New] Installing / Uninstall without rebooting.
    7. [Fix] Memory leak while loading libraries.
    8. [Fix] Some small problems of GUI.
    9. [Fix] Freeze while importing/adding registry rules already exists on multi-core cpu.
    10.[Fix] BSOD in very few cases.
    11.[Fix] Other small bugs.

----------------------------------------
    About ProSecurity
    ProSecurity is kernel-level security protection software. It protects processes, registry, physical/kernel memory. It also prevents trojans, keyloggers, rootkits and other malwares(malicious programs) from installing and damaging your system.

News

ProSecurity free edition released(and a minor update: v1.22.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We provide free edition from this version, this free edition reduced some functions, but it will update in time with the full version. It will contain all the new bug fixes and performance updates the full paid version.

What's new? [November 18, v1.22.1 (Paid/Free)]
    ------------------------------------------------
    1. [Fix] A bug may cause BSOD after uninstalling.
    2. [Fix] Some small bugs of v1.22.

------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  2. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

fantastic work man !
    lets see what we get in the next build :D

3. PSDeveloper

In the next build PS will been improved based on feedbacks we have got and we will get. And some good ideas will been added in.

Just waitting for the new version with a few patients please.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Congratulations!!! ProSec is very very promising.

Some users of System Safety Monitor (SSM) are grumbling in THIS Wilders thread.

Maybe you should offer a $10 discount to refugees from SSM?:D :cool:

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

LOL i think if this happened the SSM people would be rabid and fire bomb our fortified HQ lol

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Just a little confused by this addition.

I did, when I first saw this, thought this was an "over-ride",... as in that the application that was given this protection would be protected what ever the user would allow, (based from the posts that where made concerning this). From my checking, I see that a protected application can still be terminated in the same way as before. I can only see this working if the default rules for a newly added progam (or a program without rules, in the Privilege settings) where to block its ability to terminate,... but doing this, would then mean there was no need to add these extra rules.

So, is there a reason for the addition of these rules.

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Hopefully some of problems i've been having are resolved with this release. Whenever i ran v1.21 it would run fine for a while then give me the BSOD. Upon restarting, windows woujld not load even when i tried safe mode. After this happened a couple if times i stopped using it. Heres hoping i'll have more luck with this version.

8. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Why?,... SSM currently offer a 50% discount http://syssafety.com/discount.html

9. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

You should note any info given on the BSOD and post a report onto the PS forum You can then get direct support on the issue.

10. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

wow ssm do Competitive Upgrade, i guess they really are desperate though its like saying "hey if you ditch the other software you are using we will give ours away to you at half the price !! " i am just specticle of this, if the developer of PS would like to do this then ok, but me i would not. Reputation is the key by all means have periodic sale now and then, but i dont know maybe its just too late for me in the day to be thinking

11. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

This is saying,... you have spent money on an HIPS,... so why have to pay the full price for another. (this offer as always been available)
    We could mention the fact of the speculation of a company giving a "lifetime" license,... some post concerning a certain Anti-malware spring to mind.

12. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

this is true, but also my self i dont think i would go with the life time route either. It does not bring as much money in. buy 6.1 and get upto 6.9999999
    7.0 costs

13. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

14. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

It's kind of amusing to see that some are taking delight in needling those who purchased SSM :cautious:

In the last month alone, SSM developers have provided five betas and one full release. To me this appears that the SSM team is not spending too much time sitting on their laurels between releases, and as well suggests that they are continually looking to improve the product.

They also participate in the forums, responding to most querries from customers and non-customers alike. That is pretty rare to see from any software developer. None of these afformentioned releases have been perfect, including the latest full, but you will be hard pressed to find a perfect "final" release of any type of security software, no matter who the developer is.

Maybe PS will prove to be the better product...maybe not. If both PS and SSM can provide healthy competition for each other motivating one another to produce first-rate products, then that should afford enormous benefits for their customers.

15. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I am going of the info given at source (and current),.... this may be incorrect,.. this is certainly possible, as I thought I read somewhere that SSM would give full control of the user OS/system to the user, ......

16. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

From this,.. I would be "needling" myself,.. as I purchased a license many months ago.

I agree that many beta releases have been released,... but none to me have given the expected (personal) results,... should I be expected to be pleased just with the amount of releases/builds,.. or should I make my judgement on the full release (or make comment during beta as I have,.. with no results)

A few months ago, I would agree,... but do find now that posts take some time to be replied to,... even on some simple enquiries.

I agree,..... my post concerning SSM, is, as you will see, concerning protection that I believe should be available.

17. PSDeveloper

We will design the "over-ride" function too as you said. Actually this is a reduce protection function, this means if user don't want PS to protect a program, just untick those tickboxes. Actually PS has this function in v1.10 and earlier versions, we only restore it in this version.

18. PSDeveloper

If you get any BSOD or any other bugs, please let me know asap.

You can post to our forum, or send email to us.

Thanks!

19. PSDeveloper

This really a good idea, thank you very much for your suggestion.

20. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

:D i am not home so i have not had chance to test this new version, can anyone tell me how it feels ? is it much different ?

21. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I would if the BSOD actually stayed on screen, it shows up for a split second saying something about a driver error then my system resets and won't load back into windows even if i try safe mode. I've had this happen twice and both times required a reinstall. I may try prosecurity on another system with the same software setup and see what happens.

I am having a hard time deciding whether to go with prosecurity or system safety monitor at this point.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  22. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

about the BSOD. Please goto c:\windows\minidump

and copy the latest file . . or if you are unsure all of them, then uplaod them to our forum

23. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

It is working very good here!! Has some new features. The developer has done a very good job with PS.
    I tried alot of other HIPS programs and I feel this is the best there is.
    SSM seems to be going backwards or sideways with all the problems there having, I tried installing the lastest SSM version several days ago, and was not able boot up my system. SSM is putting out too many beta's and not fixing there releases.
    I liked PS so much I bought a license a few days ago.

24. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

Go with prosecurity . it's newer.

25. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Oh hell! i completely forgot this function. You can install this new Prosecurity with NO REBOOT . . uninstall with NO REBOOT, install, uninstall, install, uninstall, install, uninstall, install, uninstall, all with no reboot . . !!! fantastic . .

Also the developer is working on 2 functions i have requested, one of which i have seen others request but with a couple little things added :D so i expect he will roll that out within days . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.