Acronis True Image 10.0 just released

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hardhead, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

I'll be looking around for alternatives myself after I move to Vista, unless this 9.xx is somehow made compatible.. But wait, they won't just add vista compat since it would kill 10.0 sales.. I guess they'd still get the sheep that just see 10.00 and say 'wow, must be better, it's the next release".

2. It'sme

It'sme Registered Member

Haven't updated yet AlaninKY - probably in a week or so. Will post my experiences.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

LOL. I always wonder what these GUI fixes are.
    I hope they fixed the double verification in the new release for those who paid for it.

4. TheGeoff

TheGeoff Registered Member

I call Shenanigans on having to pay for an upgrade to get Vista support. Everybody get their broom!
    I would have bought an upgrade anyway since I'm a upgrade freak, but now I feel extorted. So I don't know if they'll get my $29.99. I bought ver 9 less than 6 months ago and now it's useless since I'm on the Vista bandwagon.

5. BlackCat3

BlackCat3 Registered Member

Hello to all you denizens of the ATI forum. I have a noobie question:

What evidence do you need to provide to prove that you've recently purchased V9? Does the purchase have to be direct from Acronis or one of their authorised suppliers? I bought mine on 18th October from Amazon.co.uk - I hope that counts!

Thanks, BlackCat3

6. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Your online purchase receipt is the best proof of purchase. It is not resticted to purchase direct from Acronis I think, since there many ways to purchase Acronis products.

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/sales/

7. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

I would also be sure and register your product with Acronis ASAP.

8. BlackCat3

BlackCat3 Registered Member

Thanks for the advice, Chubb and TheWeaz. I've kept my online receipt, registered my ATI 9 serial number at the Acronis product registration site, and emailed them to ask whether or not I am eligible for an upgrade to ATI 10. I guess now I sit back and watch my Inbox for a while...

9. Fredbear

Fredbear Registered Member

***FOR INFORMATION***

Just installed True image 10.
    Seems to work fine except for one small glitch I've discovered.

I tried to burn a bootable rescue cd.

Put a blank cd in Pioneer burner and closed tray.

Clicked on 'create bootable media'; did not work got error message that 'device busy'

Tried with my other burner (HP) I have in the desktop - same error.

The following worked.

Left tray open with cd in it, then clicked 'create bootable media'; tray closed; process work OK

Same for both burners.

Media boots OK.

I've no idea why this should happen.

10. AlaninKY

AlaninKY Registered Member

Fredbear were you able to do a restore with version 10?

I'm just waiting for some reviews to know if version 10 will work. I have version 9 build 3677 and backup everyday on USB external hard drives and done one restore with it and it does work. Version 10 sound good, but don't want it if new version has bugs.

11. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Fredbear, that workaround - leaving the tray open - has been reported here for earlier versions. Some need to do it and some don't - probably an Acronis quirk.

12. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

I've just created a rescue cd using ATI 10 build 4871 without any issues at all, this was using a Plextor PX-716A.

13. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

BlackCat3,

Check your spam filter, sometimes Acronis's emails can be shunted into your ISP's spam box (if enabled) by over enthusiastic spam rules :)

So if you don't see anything within 10 days I'd check your spam boxe(s).

Colin

14. dana16

dana16 Registered Member

Well, I bought ATI 10 Home yesterday and it would not install on my brand new Windows XP PRO X64 system, though the ad said this product is compatible with X64 and Vista. :thumbd: I sent in a problem report and received a message that they had got it. I didn't hear anything the rest of the day yesterday or today. :thumbd: I wonder how long I'm going to have to go without a product I already paid for? They didn't mention anything about refunding my money... :thumbd: I need a backup program that will work with X64.

15. Later2u

Later2u Registered Member

I just bought ATI 9.0 a week ago and registered it. They sent an e-mail to me yesterday informing me of my free upgrade.

I used 9.0 and it ran less than smooth, but it did work and it looked like it ran in DOS before windows starts up. After uninstalling 9.0 and then installing 10.0 I redid my back up and I must say that it ran flawlessly as far as a noobie user of it can tell. It also ran in windows, no re-starting the computer. I can run separate back-ups of the things I want to back-up incrementally and ATI 10.0 will put them all in there own folder automatically, something I believe 9.0 didn't do.

So far I give it a :thumb:

Tom

16. poppies

poppies Registered Member

Yes, I'm very disappointed. I bought two copies and haven't even installed the one on my laptop yet. In fact I got distracted and haven't even finished trying to get the Boot CD to work. Will I still be able to get support on here with Version 9?

17. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Ralphie,

if ATI is RC2 compatable, which it explicitly says it is, I wouldn't expect any Vista specific problems.

F.

18. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

And did you test the restoration, the more exciting part ?

19. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Wait ... there's an RC2 already ... shoot ... I'm just now d/l RC1 ... been at it for over 5 hours now. :mad:

20. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

21. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

RC 2 has been pull off because pre-RTM Build 5808 has been released to TAP (Technology Adoption Program) customers on 20 Oct 2006

22. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Since this thread is pretty long let me provide the reply in this single post.

First of all, would like to tell that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is a new version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and therefore, the you will not be able to see the updates for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home under your account if you have registered Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

Please also note that as GroverH in post #18 of this thread you do not need to un-install Acronis True Image 9.0 Home prior to the installation of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Now would like to explain Acronis upgrade policy for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (as well as for other Home and Home Office products):

Our upgrade policy is to provide free upgrade to customers who purchased the software within 30 days prior to the release of the new version of the product.

We realize that the 30 day cut-off might seem arbitrary, but it keeps with the procedures of other established software companies. If we had a 90 day cut-off, someone who had purchased the product 91 days before would be unhappy anyway. At some point we have to draw a line and move on to working on the next version.

For those customers who cannot receive a free upgrade, we can offer you a discounted rate for the upgrade.

The free upgrade during the period of subscription (one year) which Carver mentioned is related to Corporate Products. The detailed information about Acronis Maintenance and Priority Support can be found on Acronis web site.

If you have purchased Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in one of the Official Acronis online stories (Digital River, Element5, RegNow) within 30 days prior release you should receive a letter with the instructions on how to obtain the free upgrade.

If you have purchased Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the retail store within 30 days prior release or any day after then you are also eligible for free upgrade.

If you still did not receive the instruction please collect the confirmation of your purchase (invoice or receipt) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home within 30 days prior release along with the serial number for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected information to your request. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

As for the updates for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, I'm sorry, but at this moment I can not answer this question since this question is still under consideration. As soon as the information about new builds for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home will be avaliable I will post it here or in another Forum thread. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

23. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Probably is our question not exciting enough, no answer till yet;)

I'm waiting on the answer too...

24. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dana16,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First let me confirm that Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition are supported by Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Meanwhile, could you please do the following in order to make sure that you downloaded the installation file flawlessly?

Please do the following:

- Download the eXpress CheckSum Calculator and unpack the archive;

- Run the application;

- Browse for the file and click Start to calculate the checksums;

- Compare a certain checksum (e.g. MD5) with that of the original to make sure the files are identical.

The MD5 value for build 4871 of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home must be [ 5d3d4ee6b8b53bb0637af4fb3a2f8f07 ].

If the MD5 value is not [ 5d3d4ee6b8b53bb0637af4fb3a2f8f07 ] then please re-download the build 4871 Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

If it is not the case and the MD5 value is the same then please collect the installation log file the way it is described in this previous post of mine. Then attach all the collected log file along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

25. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Aleksandr,

I await Acronis Support's response to this previous thread titled <Will there be more updates to TI9 Home?> with interest. Regrettably, I will bid this Forum farewell if it's not good news.

Kind Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.