Will there be more updates to TI9 Home?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tachyon42, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I think that depends on how Acronis or a court would interpret the following (obtained from the Acronis webpage on Beta licence requirements)
    Acronis might consider someone revealing they are a tester, as comment upon their beta software, though personally I think that may be a bit of a stretch. - Perhaps Jeremy Otten can answer, I recall he mentioned once that he beta tested the Workstation version.

Colin

Highlighting by me!

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Colin,

the word any (in 'or any comments') is not nice of Acronis' legal team :D

I am by no means a lawyer, but my perception of this is that a Beta tester can not make any comment (whatsoever) about the software. That even presumably includes mentioning that they are Beta testers!. Mind you the worst they can do is stop the Beta tester beta testing.

From what I recall from looking at the Beta testing agreement, Acronis do not offer incentives anyway (like a free license) so stopping a Beta tester from testing would possibly be more of a disadvantage to Acronis than anyone else.

Come on you Beta testers! Come out of the closet. Be proud and shout "We are Beta testers".......just a minute, doesn't that include the whole customer base? ;)

F.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Given the fact the last update to TI9 Home has been released....We'll bring this thread to a close and continue with the discussion that concerns this release.

All applicable posts concerning the release that were part of this thread have been placed in the newly created thread for further discussion.

This thread---> Final build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home released

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.