Arovax Shield v2 BETA

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by gevin, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gevin

gevin Registered Member

Just out on 3rd Oct, see thread from their forum or you can get a try yourself download here -- Direct Download Link --.

It said is a beta, but too me is very very beta, or slightly better then alpha as a lot of feature or function still not working well.:eek:

What say you?:D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
  2. btman

btman Registered Member

Yeah, I'd wait until the next release. A changelog from the last version isn't even out.... Which is why I didnt post it here like 2 days earlier.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: I had a very bad encounter w/ it. The problem? Yes. When I decided to ditch it, it dares to take most of my system tray icons w/ it. I was furious. I bet my hard-earned one $ that it probably has not fixed this juke yet.:thumbd:

4. btman

btman Registered Member

Oh so you had to reset 5/10 things to show up in your tray? So did i, it's not hard. I've redownloaded it (it happened when i had avast/sygate) but now I have Kaspersky and Comodo and it has ran fine since. It's going to be a great piece of software in upcoming versions.

5. gevin

gevin Registered Member

I noticed that too from arovax forum. Why i decide to post it in Wilder security forum is this forum is far more user/security expert than arovax forum. If the 10% of Wilder willing to try out, and post the comments/bugs, this will help a lot on development on this piece of new security ware.

I love the idea/concept of Arovax Shield, which you install and forget about it, let it protect you from background. Just like SpywareBlaster, but do more things. low on resources. But the develope team a big small/slow, that why i think fellow beta test feed is very important to make this piece of beautiful FREE ware a success one!

Btman, you offen post at arovax. glad you did lot contribution there. why skip this beta when you seem like it too?

Perman, sorry to hear that. so what really happened? problem with v2 or v1?

6. btman

btman Registered Member

Oh i have the beta... but as you said its like a little after alpha which can make people uneasy about it, and because an upgraded version will come out in a few days according to new Arovax Shield support guy.

I will continue to contribute to Arovax development as much as I can :)

7. gevin

gevin Registered Member

is it? then i must go back to arovax forum more often to find out.

Good for you! Thank you!

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Seems very slow development from them. I wonder how long they will take for final launch. I don,t feel excited at all.

9. gevin

gevin Registered Member

A lot of security firm start from small, just like 1 of your favorite Comodo too. i think arovax's business model almost the same as Comodo in some way, produce some freeware for user to gain popularity/trust or to buy their other share/payware.

Of cause you can choose to don't take the risk to install beta, wait until it come out of beta. May be can wait and see if arovax become popular one day or die off one day because nobody support them :blink:

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I don,t mean to hurt any body,s liking. It was just my feeling about their pace of development.
    My favourites change accordingly.

11. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My problem with Avorax is that I don't know exactly what it does and the website wasn't informative either in those days.
    I used it one time during 14 days and it only protected me against a few tracking cookies, which I daily removed with CCleaner in those 14 days.
    So what is so great about Avorax ?

12. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

What I have noticed is that it seems Comodo and Crawler are making greater strides in producing and improving their products than Arovax has recently, and have been more invovled in their respective Forums. As I said this is only an observation and surely not a criticism, but like some people here, I still would like a little reassurance from a company that everythings ok, even if the products free. That said, I liked past versions of Arovax Shield and feel it will improve.

13. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Nothing against Arovax but played with the beta a bit and found it very unstable. It was very unstable even with out all my other programs installed, scary stuff BSOD + critical errors. Maybe their updated beta be more stable.

14. btman

btman Registered Member

New beta is out it (same version) but it comes with the changelog.

Version 2.0.27 beta [October 3 2006]

* New: "New system of monitoring registry. Now it works on kernel mode."
    * New: "Now Arovax Shield detects what process name tray get access to system registry."
    * New: "Now users can reboot system after Arovax Shield uninstall."
    * New: "Now Arovax Shield is working only in Windows 2000/XP."
    * Bug: "Details link is temporarily not available on the alert dialog."

And what do you mean its buggy, do you got windows 98 or something?

I have this program and it's doing its job fine for now, nothing conflicting for myself.

15. btman

btman Registered Member

Arovax Shield is pretty light right now, if you read all around in the forum it will improve greatly in upcoming versions. It blocks a few things right now.

Arovax anti-spyware I don't no how long it's going to take until the next release comes out, but when they kick in the live-update (MUCH different then what regular anti-spywares have to offer) ... it's going to rock.

And

Arovax Smarthide is a closed beta test, (if you want to test it it go on Arovax forums and pm Arovax) see www.smarthide.com to see its features.

16. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That makes me the Invisible Man on the internet. Interesting ...

17. gevin

gevin Registered Member

If your system have such strong protection like the list at your post windows's footer, with router + LnS + Prevx1, sure enough you will hardly get any intruder attack. Try to knock down yr protection and just install Arovax shield and see... Ha ha, just kidding. don't try that at home!

what i try to say is, if your are plannning to set up a "free" security suit, AS is one of good choice. but of couse better use v1 which is more stable, minus few new feature. ;)

18. gevin

gevin Registered Member

as many noticed too, still beta or post alpha, what to do? If you can help to send them arovax some detail/screenshot that will be helpful to speedup the development. :)

19. gevin

gevin Registered Member

Me too, who can protect me, i will like them.:shifty:

But i see some poteintial in AS, so i will continue trying.:p

20. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Nicely animated octopus at that site. It has nice long testicles -- er, tentacles.

Seriously -- smarthide is certainly one to watch for. I wonder how it works? It's got to be a through-pipe or proxy of some sort, right?

As for Arovax Shield -- if it has truly hooked the kernel (such that it no longer runs on Win 9X) then try the beta with care if you are running anything that also hooks the kernel, such as Process Guard, Systems Safety Monitor, etc. Also, Online Armor plans to hook it, too, in the near future. Too many hooks can cause major incompatibilities, ensuing in computer instability.

By the way, ALL of the security programs that hook the kernel might have problems with Win Vista. Word has it that Microsoft has locked the door to the kernel. This has brought howls of protest from the likes of Symantec & McAfee. Also, this tactic is being closely scrutinized by the EU, so I have read (over at DSLR).

For those till running Win 9X, WinPatrol does everything that Arovax Shield does -- & more -- and it runs on 9X as well as 2K, XP, etc.

21. btman

btman Registered Member

A-Shield will be great.

For smarthide, one great future will be P2P invisibility, it will work for well probably any P2P program. If you want to check it out forum.arovax.com is always open and there is a few smarthide threads in the smarthide section that will answer how does it work, but it does not need a proxy or anything like that. Please read the smarthide threads because they explain it in MUCH more detail.

To download it PM Arovax and they'll give you a link, but a new beta is due soon so says the website.

22. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm looking forward to AS v2. The current release is a great piece of free software and any improvments would be awesome. I'm also hoping they are working on improving Arovax antispyware.

23. btman

btman Registered Member

They are improving Arovax Anti-Spyware, and trust me you'll like the changes. (Just wish it'd come sooner!!!!)

24. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Isn't version 2 out already....

Here

dja2k

25. btman

btman Registered Member

He said AS 2.0. Arovax Shield 2.0 final, only 2.0.27 beta is out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.