EMON - Attempt to read configuration failed.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by izi, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izi

izi Registered Member

Hello!

What is wrong with EMON?

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe a problem with read permission for the Eset registry key or its subkeys ?

3. ThomasWeiss

ThomasWeiss Registered Member

Hello,

I am supervising a remote PC that runs NOD32. I've setup NOD32 to send me e-mails each time an event occurs. This worked great, as I received a message for each virus alert, or when the update process failed ("regular" server disconnections).

But since May, I receive a new kind of error - the one mentionned in this thread's subject : "During execution of EMON - Microsoft Outlook email monitor on the computer XXXXXX, the following warning occured: Attempt to read configuration (n) failed.", where n ranges from 2 to 5.

Moreover, I have just noticed that NOD32 doesn't send me any more virus alert messages... although I'm sure that the PC still gets infected messages.

I have contacted the ESET tech support. They told me that since the PC runs Outlook as the default email client, and since it queries a POP3 account, IMON already scans the incoming e-mails and EMON doesn't have anything to do - and this is what it reports...

I am not fully satisfied with this answer - EMON and IMON have always run simultaneously, so why do I get this error only now ? And is it normal that I don't get any new virus alert ?...

What do you think ?

Thank you,

Thomas

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi ThomasWeiss, welcome to Wilders.

I think a Registry Cleaner has been used and/or you have a corrupt registry on that machine.

Cheers :D

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd check permission for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset registry key and all its subkeys, especially for EMON. Make sure the currently logged user has read permission and local system account full access granted.

6. ThomasWeiss

ThomasWeiss Registered Member

Hello,

Thank you very much for your replies.
    I will check the PC's registry next week, when I will be able to login locally.
    I keep you informed.

Thomas

7. Guiwas

Guiwas Registered Member

Hi Thomas,

Any news yet?
    I have it here with one of my customers too.

Lately I checked / modified the registry keys and the problem seemed gone.
    However it re-appeared two days later ...

I know this customer checks his e-mail daily, but the series of error mails is NOT coming every day.
    Obviously some other factor is still causing us problems...

Thanks in advance for any answer to this annoying problem.

GuiWas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.