Best Registry Cleaner HelP?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by gregriv, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregriv

gregriv Registered Member

hi, what is the recommended registry cleaner on the martket? There's so many out there.

2. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

3. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

I should have said RegVac (also from www.superwin.com) as this is more thorough than A1 Cleaner. I have both and would not be without either of them.

4. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

My preference would be for jvPower Tools 2006.
    It has a normal (or invariably safe) mode and an aggressive mode as well as giving you quite a lot of other areas of control/ clean up of your system.
    Tune Up utilities Reg cleaner is also fairly good in my experience.
    RegSeeker seems good if you are looking for a free one.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The foundational oath of a physician is "First, do no harm."

The same should be true for a registry cleaner. In other words, a registry cleaner that creates a really really clean registry that no longer functions is NO BLOODY GOOD.:p

Ergo, the need is for an optimum balance between "cleans good" & "safe to use." The two I recommend DO have this balance. They are. . .

Free. . .
    RegSeeker

NON-free (one-time payment of $29.95). . .
    Ace Utilities

NOTE- You can get a for-real discount of 10% on Ace from DozLeng Security Website.

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Ace Utilities is the program that I use for registry cleaning and junk file removal.
    I highly recommend it.

Before using a registry cleaner keep a few things in mind;
    1)If you are cleaning up after uninstalling software identify the traces that you remove.
    2)The most important feature in these types of programs is a backup feature.If there isn't one,don't use that program.Check to make sure that the backup is enabled before using such a program.
    3)Read the help file for possible recommendations from the program's developer.
    4)If possible purchase a lifetime or one-time only license.

7. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i just use the registry cleaner built-in to ccleaner. its simple and effective.

9. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    TuneUp Utilities 2006, Registry Mechanic v5.2, and EasyCleaner v2. :thumb:

I think they are the best.... ;)

10. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

TU 2006 - very safe; various freeware versions here: http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/index.html JV 16 seems very good and safe and Regseeker although I only delete green items but deleting all items it found in the past didn't cause any issues. For some it seems to.

11. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

The most aggressive registry cleaner, I've ever seen is Stompsoft's Registry Repair.
    For awhile I thought RegSeeker had that title, but RegSeeker is nothing compared with Registry Repair.
    If RegSeeker reports 200 registries, Registry Repair will report 400+ registries.

Registry Repair reported about 700 registries on my computer and because I like it extreme, I removed all of them and my computer was still working properly, except that my folder settings were back to default.
    Nevertheless I restored them back after the test. I don't remove unused legimitate registries, like most users do. :)

I would recommend JV16, Fred Langa's favorite one, but I stick to Registry Repair, because it's one of the very few registry cleaners with complete selection features for removal, exclusion and undo exclusions. :)

12. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I've been using a host of registry cleaners after following ErikAlbert's quest to find "the best".

I trailed StompSoft: After deleteing several hundred unique entries, several times..., they never showed up again. I deleted the app.

Currently using: Registry Mechanic, Ccleaner, Eusing Free, RegSeeker, JV16 (old free ver.) RegScrubXP, and RegCure*.

*= excellent app :)

All are free except RegMech & RegCure

hth,

...screamer

13. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

14. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Spyros, I find that using one reg cleaner doesn't do a sufficient job.

Prior to using "any" registry cleaner, I BU w/ ERUNT. Then I clean to my hearts content. Worst case is I have to restore a SnapShot w/ FD-ISR.

Back to your question: Eusing is a good registry cleaner. I would say it's on par w/ Registry Mechanic. Seem to find basically the same issues.

hth.

...screamer

15. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

16. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

Thank you for the info, screamer & ErikAlbert :)

17. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I find TuneUp Utilities 2006 to be a very nice, friendly tool.
    Mrk

18. 'G'

'G' Registered Member

Please note, I am a ProcessGuard and Process Explorer registered user.

Ace Utilities is more than just a reg cleaner.

I have a 20% discount link if any one is interested.

For backups I’m the lead technical writer, moderator and software tester for Genie-soft. As I do the work for free they give me a little more of a discount.

As a software purchaser myself I know it can all at up so I give 20% back.

The page I will link to is from a software developer I helped bring back from the dead due to illegal distribution. You may like his stuff too. I do not have my own page so the developer hosts it for me.

I'm a student so every purchase is gracefully received. This is not a spam advert. This is a genuine offer of help in the software I recommend and use on the major forum such as Sysipt.com (aka G) and believe in.

Ace Utilities
    http://www.cheapshareware.co.uk/products/aceutilities/aceutilities.php

Ace Utilities (AU) retails at $29.95 but with a 20% discount, the total is $23.95, a saving of $6. In addition, as an AU registered user you are entitled to a first-rate Windows Registry Compactor completely free. Exclusive of AU’s purchase, it retails at $14.95 ($11.95, a saving of $4). (This entitles you to all future updates and upgrades free of charge)
    Therefore, for an investment of $23.95 you will get products worth a total of $44.90.

Genie Backup Manager Pro + File Access Manager (free for a limited period.)
    http://www.cheapshareware.co.uk/products/geniebackup/geniebackupmanager.php
    The crème de la crème backup and recovery solution.
    Genie Backup Manager Professional V7 (winner of PC World 2005 best low cost backup program) is a backup program that has the simplicity inexperienced users require, yet has the power and flexibility for more demanding commercial environments.
    It retails at $69.95 but with a 20% discount, the total is $55.95, a saving of $14.
    (This entitles you to all V7x updates free of charge).
    With File Access Manager (FAM) free for backing up open and locked file at $40, the saving becomes $54
    If you go to may buy link, as soon as I get your GBM purchase I will send the FAM code too.

Everyone that has every purchase form me have been grateful for the prompt customer service and extra help needed. Many become friends.

See this link from sysopt.com
    http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190825
    “HI Every one
    Over the last few years I have looked and read about many back up systems, and I also know a lot of people who have used freebie back up systems, They thought all was well, and every thing was backed until one day crash and they lost every thing.
    So I decided to pay for a back up system I could trust and was user friendly and I found this on sysopt.com and G. I have been using GBM and FAM now for a fair time and had no problems what so ever, in fact I will go as far to say it's the best software I purchased since I have been using a computer.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank G for all his help in this matter. believe me this Guy is spot on, I would have no worry buying GBM And FAM from him and he dose offer a very good discount, and far as I am concerned GBM and FAM its the best on the market for reliability and is user friendly.
    Blueharmonic”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.