Look n stop v2.04p2 AOL 9.0 and the Web

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by searchlight, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. searchlight

searchlight Registered Member

Hi,

I just purchased Look n Stop v2.04. It has application and internet filtering. Application filtering works great but internet filtering does not.

When internet filtering is activated which is rule-based, I have trouble logging into AOL 9.0 and can't make contact with any website.

When the firewall internet filtering is turned off everything is ok.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE THIS THING TO WORK WITH AOL 9.0 AND THE WEB? I tried their website FAQ but it did not help.

My IP starts with 172. Will omitting 172 in IP to exclude correct my problem?

Thanks!

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi searchlight

...welcome to Wilders :)

Have you tried excluding 172 as suggested here to see if it resolves your issue?

Regards,

CrazyM

3. searchlight

searchlight Registered Member

Hi CrazyM:

I deleted my IP 172 like Frederic described but I also had to import the AOL connection rule that is posted on the L&S website.

Also as an fyi, when I used the Shields R Up scan at GRC.com, I did not have all ports stealthed like 113 Ident so I also had to import the Stealth rule that is posted at that website as well.

Currently, the firewall is working both application and internet filtering. I will continue to test it as I use it and post any other information.

Finally, I am glad that you have this forum. I used the L&S website for technical support but still have not received a response from yesterday.

If the firewall continues to work out, I think it's great as I have used ZoneAlarm, Sygate, and McAfee and they drain resources. Look and Stop is very efficient.

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi searchlight

Glad to hear everything is working.

This is a great place to hang out and learn, and also hosts the official LnS forum. You will find many experienced LnS users here along with the developer...but don't forget to check out the rest of the forums ;)

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.