True Image Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by merlot1, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlot1

merlot1 Registered Member

I have several bootable system images I'd like to share with others. They may not already own TrueImage ( home version ). Does the license allow one to share with another a TIB file and the bootable CD to restore?

Is there a "restore-only" version of the CD which could be freely distributed with TIB files? This would be analogous to Adobe PDF Reader, or VMWware Player, which allows one to load or open a file, but not create one.

Thanks,

2. merlot1

Does anyone from Acronis participate even participate in this forum?

3. eric_interplas_com

eric_interplas_com Registered Member

Wouldn't it have just been simpler to just try what you're asking on a test system? The few restores I have done has never asked me for a key code when restoring. I think a lot of people would get very upset about not being able to restore if they have to fool around with a lost key.

Should work.

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If this is more than a rhetorical question a search of Acronis posts will provide your answer.
    The timeliness of their replies seems to be slightly worse than it used to be though it is still streets ahead of most of the competition.

Xpilot

5. merlot1

Yes, restoring a .tib from the bootable CD works fine. Have done it many times internally. And that's correct no license key is required to do the restore. This is a legal question not a technical one.

I'd like to be able to copy and give away the bootable rescue CD so that people can restore the .tibs I give them. This would make .tib files somewhat portable and increase its utility. This could be done with Acronis' approval.

Am hoping they'll respond in the affirmative.

Thanks,

Merlot

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello merlot1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that according to the "END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT" which can be found in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide the license is to the original purchaser only, and is not transferable. This also related to Acronis True Image Bootable CD.

If you would like to have the ability to only restore the already created image archive we could offer you to use the Acronis True Image Bootable CD which is created with the trial version of the program. The Bootable CD created with the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home can only restore the image .

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

7. merlot1

Didn't realize the Eval package's bootable rescue CD had a "restore-only" function but that fills the need.

Thanks for the clarification.

Merlot1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.