Remote Installation

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by pierg75, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pierg75

pierg75 Registered Member

Hi all.
    I'm having problems trying to push a nod remote installation.
    I read everything about it, but sometimes it stops at 10% with error SC error code 9, GLE error code 997. Sometimes with error 11 and some others.
    The server is in a domain and the client not, but this shouldn't be a problem...or not?
    Few times i reached the 50% but the tcp traffic generated was very high...i ran a net sniffer and i saw always the same tcp packet. A lot of retransmitted packets too.
    I don't know what to do do again :( ....could you help me?
    Thanks

Pier

2. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Not a problem...just choose your authentication correctly when challenged...you'll have to flip it to a local workgroup logon. You'll need local admin privies for c$. And make sure file and print sharing are set in the exceptions of the XP firewall (or whatever firewall you're using..if any)

4. pierg75

pierg75 Registered Member

I've checked everything...i logon with workgroup...firewall is disable, i use admin user...i followed the installation howto and thanks for the system error page, but i still don't know how to solve the problem.
    The strange thing is that the error change every time.

Pier

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Couple of things to look at.....I don't know how many of these are possible...wether you're able to physically get in front of this machine or not (such as if it's across a WAN..but even then...Remote Desktop FTW!)

*Confirm local Administrator account..log in as the Admin...to confirm the password.
    *Perhaps the PC has some pre-existing malware that are screwing with the tcp stack/winsock files? Run this tool to rebuild it.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/WinSock_XP_Fix/winsockxpfix.html
    *Depending on your DNS setup....since they're not members of the domain, perhaps network name resolution on your network is "stale"...trying to push to a netbios name that's tied to a different/dead IP address in network cache.
    *Latest version of RAC/RAS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.