Cannot backup to Iomega REV drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WimB, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WimB

WimB Registered Member

I've installed Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1 (build 3.694).

When I try to backup to my Iomega REV drive, I get this error: "00040010: Het apparaat is bezet" -> translation: "Device is busy".

In Windows Explorer, I can drag and drop files to my REV drive without any problems.

I think a REV drive acts like a CD-drive which is UDF formatted (Iomega has a driver for that).

EDIT:
    When I uninstall the "Iomega REV System Software", I get the error: Disk is full. When I choose "Format", I get the error: Access Denied.

Isn't it possible to disable the UDF function of Acronis TIW and just use the Iomega driver (so that I can drag and drop files to my disk)?

2. johnb175

johnb175 Registered Member

yea I had the same problem with an internal ATAPI 70GB REV. It still does not work. I found a way around it is to share the rev drive as say rev$ and then in the destination archive enter \\<machine name>\rev$\<my_backup_image_name.tib For some reason though it will not creat files larger than 4GB. So I just set mine to split. Seems to work so far. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WimB and johnb175,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, there should not be any problems saving backups to the Iomega REV drive when Acronis True Image is running within Windows. The point is that when Acronis True Image is being used within Windows it utilizes standard Windows drivers and therefore is capable of saving backups to almost any storage device recognized by Windows.

The only restriction for saving backups to the Iomega REV drives is that when Acronis True Image is operating in Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when your computer is booted from the Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is used, Iomega REV drives are available only for reading access. However, one should still be able to save backups to the Iomega REV drives while using Acronis True Image within Windows.

The most probable reason for the problem that you experience is that there is a conflict between Acronis True Image and either drivers for your Iomega REV drive or some third-party software blocking the access to the Iomega REV drive.

Please try the following tips in order to solve the problem that you experience:

1. Try updating the drivers and any attendant software for your Iomega REV drive to the latest version(s) available for free at the respective vendor web site.

2. Make sure you are not trying to save any additional Media Components along with the backup archive (see section 6.3.9 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide for details). This is only possible when the backup is saved to CD or DVD and may cause problems in case of saving the backup to a Iomega REV drive.

3. Download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the above does not help then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know the exact vendor and model of your Iomega REV drive;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.