Reboot after backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by orichet, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orichet

orichet Registered Member

I did like to know if, after a successfully backup with TI 8, it is possible to reboot automatically the computer.
    Thanks for your help.

2. bottom

bottom Registered Member

old win
    shutdown
    C:\WINDOWS\Rundll32.EXE Shell32,SHExitWindowsEx 1
    reboot
    C:\WINDOWS\Rundll32.EXE Shell32,SHExitWindowsEx 2

winXP
    shutdown
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 0
    restart
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\shutdown.exe -r -f -t 0

if You don't know how use this ina batch
    there are MANY freeware tools,
    to do this for You

e.g.
    PowerOff
    http://users.pandora.be/jbosman/applications.html

it accepts commandline parameters,
    which makes it usable with
    post-commands

bottom

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello orichet,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the version 8.0 of Acronis True Image allows you to scheduled a task to be executed on the special event, for example, when your computer shuts down. The task will be executed before every computer shutdown or reboot.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 9.0 Home has a new option pre/post commands. You can specify commands or batch files to be automatically executed before and after the backup/restore procedure. You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide. You can also download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to see how the software works on your computer.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. jenko

jenko Registered Member

Hi,

I use the Pre/Post command to shutdown my pc after my backup is run. But there's a problem: the command seems to be run AFTER the backup but BEFORE the validation of the archive (I have "Validate backup archive upon its creation completion" checked); as a result, the validation does not seem to happen; what definitely DOESN'T happen is getting "Completed successfully" in the "Last Result" column.

To summarize: it looks like the "Post" command is actually executed BEFORE the validation. This seems like a bug. In any case, is there a fix/workaround for this?

Thank you

5. jenko

jenko Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.