NOD32 v3 features

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Nunes, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

Hello

Anyone knows if ESET is planning include in the NOD32 suite any parental control feature?

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

i dont think nod32 v.3 will provide us with parental control :D it will include firewall,anti spam and antivirus

3. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Does anyone have any new information on when V3 is likely to be released, and, what type of price it is expected to be for a UK user?
    Thanks

4. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

no one knows when :D eset is hidding it from us to surprise us

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I just don't want eset to rush it. I want it to be perfect like v2.5.:D

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

May be , late autumn.

7. rollers

rollers Registered Member

This link is to a free parental control. http://www.k9webprotection.com/
    I have been using it for some time, very minimal resource use, works very well and its FREE for home use. It is the same parental control as used in the Zonealarm security suite. The only drawback is that it is generic for everyone that uses the computer, but thats not a bad thing..........and you can override if you need to visit anything that is blocked just by putting in a password.
    Hope that helps
    It uses between one and three k on my machine.

8. pykko

pykko Registered Member

as far as I know they don't have any parental control, but this might be integrated in the firewall. :)

9. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

Thanks anyway for the tip. I will wait for NOD suite and see what does it have. Usually all firewalls have something to block site access. The diferences are in the type of rules that can be set.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I guess there won't be any parental control . This control is not so related to security so in my opinion , it is pointless to have such thing into a security suit . Moreover , it will increase the resourses that NOD32/the suit will need. :D

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I say leave anti spam to isps my isp has great spam control. just have the great nod32 and firewall thats it

12. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The feature set and pricing information for the next version of ESET's software has not been finalized. When this information is publicly available notice will be given in this forum.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Looking for ward to it :D
    It's easier that way, but not necessarily good for you.... My preference is to recieve all mail at my desktop and have it sorted under my own hand (even manually if that's what it took) but at the absolute minimum I would need to be notified of any email and have the option to view it. Don't get me wrong though - I HATE SPAM

Did you hear about this? here...
    I realise that they did at least recieve the emails in question but even if they had just been ISP filtered it would still have made a lot of bother for them.

Cheers :)

14. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

NOD Version 3 - Rumours and conjecture

I've seen so-called upgrade path rumours, suites v's seperate component version upgrades.... If anyone has definitive proof of these then please post them here...

HiTech seems to know a lot more about what will be happening than others so how does he know this info when the rest of us (including us resellers) know nothing?

15. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Re: NOD Version 3 - Rumours and conjecture

The ESET mods have a green tag for their forum name - just filter everything else you hear by their official comments - that is not to say that what others have said is not true but anything official will either come from or be confirmed by ESET..

Cheers :)

16. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

This is all we know and until ESET says otherwise it's all there is to know. I'm going nuts checking every new post with tantalising subjects such as "NOD32 v3 Features" :eek: or "NOD32 v3 Beta!!! Get it Here"

Right I'm off back to the shadows to lurk :ninja: until Aryeh has news for us :cool:

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@ pc-support
    Agoretsky's answer is the most acurate considering that everything can change , the product is still not ready . I am a reseller just like you ;)

You say I know a lot (it is true:D ) but I know it from:
    • Cebit exhibition 2006
    • TechSupport guys are my friends

but all I say is still not official statement and nobody can confirm nor cut it.
    Greeting!:thumb:

18. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I would love to see improvements to the on-demand memory scanner; the ability to see what exactly is being scanned, if files related to those in memory are being scanned (.dll, .com, .exe, etc) a la Dr Web.

19. jiangchm

jiangchm Registered Member

看来NOD32 V3.0还有一段时间才会出来。等有的时候请大家通知我一下。:D :D 我的email地址是jiangchangmin 163.com。谢谢!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2006
  20. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

This is an English forum and all post should be in English, but let me do a translation so that the moderator can decide what to do.

Here is the message by jiangchm in Chinese, translated into English:

It seems NOD32 3.0 is still some months away. Please let me know by e-mail "jiangchangmin 163.com" when it is available.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2006
  21. jiangchm

jiangchm Registered Member

:D :D 翻译得很准确!真不好意思,我的英语不好。只能看懂各位的发言却不能用英语同大家交流。希望大家能多多教我。:D :D

Translate very accurate!Really embarrassed, my English isn't good.The speech that can see understand an everyone but can't communicate with everyone in English.Hope everyone can teach me much and much.

22. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are doing fine.

Cheers :D

23. X-JAPAN

X-JAPAN Registered Member

chinese?

this english forum,please speak english

by the way ,please don't talk Politics about country

notice your words

24. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Ladies and Gentlemen, the topic is "NOD32 v3 features", let's keep the inter-country politics/banter out of this.

Please also keep everything in ENGLISH, if you are having trouble with English we may ask for clarification should the need arise.

Blackspear.

25. basti

basti Registered Member

Maybe now in front of weekend any official word from ESET about, when the V3 Beta starts ? :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.