Acronis Universal Restore 9.1 Build 6377

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aaccon, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaccon

aaccon Registered Member

Hi,

We have a problem with Universal Restore with Acronis 9.1.

Boot from recovery CD (Full) with Universal Restore Option, select image, select drive to restore to - then when you select next the server reboots.

If you boot server from recovery CD (Without Universal Restore Option) the image can be restored OK. Obviously we want to use the UVR option to get a clean image restored to new server.

The server being restored to is a HP DL360 with HP 6i RAID controller.

Anyone seen this before or can suggest a remedy.

Thanks....

Adrian Cole

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aaccon,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Backup Software

This issue requires further investigation. Please submit a request for technical support (support@acronis.com). Provide the information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

3. Freestone

Freestone Registered Member

I have the same problem here trying it on two different machines.

4. aaccon

aaccon Registered Member

Thanks for your reply - I have a support call logged with Acronis at the moment. I am hoping for a timely resolution.

5. Freestone

6. 5ascent0

5ascent0 Registered Member

I did a successful Universal Restore from a Dell 1500SC to a DL 360 6i RAID1 and it went flawlessly.

However, right now I am trying to go from an old Gateway Server to the Dell and it fails on finding pciide.sys, and acpiac..., everytime. Even when I point to the files it needs it fails.

7. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure that the bootable CD created with the latest build of Acronis True Image. You can find the build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number). Also please download the latest version of Acronis Universal Restore and install it. The latest version of Acronis Unversal Restore can be downloaded from the updates page of the Acronis Web Site. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the problem persists with the latest builds of the software, please submit a request for technical support. Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information on the computer you have backed as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please also answer the following questions:

- Did you back up entire hard drive or only system partition;

- Did you select to restore the entire hard drive or only system partition;

- What operation system is in the image archive that you try to restore?

Attach all the information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the issue appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. Acronis Support

Hello Freestone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

9. petrus2006

petrus2006 Registered Member

Was this ever resolved?

10. onclejean

onclejean Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem in Gigabyte Pen8XP DDR but I have single Sata drives no Raid.
    Acronis tech support have not been able to tell me what to do yet.

11. aaccon

aaccon Registered Member

Sorry for late reply -

At this point the only solution was to revert to TI Build 3666, this has allowed a restore with the Universal Restore plugin; but we are finding the recovered image HAL is unstable and the restored system becomes unuseable to users soon after use.

We have a call in with Acronis to see if a solution is available.

12. Freestone

The status of my problem [Acronis #637879] as of July 27, 2006 is "We want to inform you that we are working on the issue you have reported. We will contact you to either provide with a possible solution or request for additional information."

I've since found other images that do restore, but Universal Restore does not appear to be picking up the device drivers for the SCSI RAID controller in the target machine, so I am getting upon restart Stop Error 0x0000007B (Inaccessible boot device). I will have to write support about this problem too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.