Error E00070021: Cannot Access drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lcruz, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lcruz

lcruz Registered Member

Hi, when I attempt to make some copy, I allways have the error

E000700021: Cannot Acces drive
    Cannot create the image of the logical drive C: because it is currently in use by running applications or the logical drive contains bad sector.

The last week the Acronis ran fine.

Someone can help me please?

Thanks for all

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lcruz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

Please check each partition of your hard drives by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run
    then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drives.

Please note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If that does not help then please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

1. Is this drive your system drive, the one with the OS?

2. Is your OS Windows? If "yes" which version? If "no" which OS are you using?

3. What is your disk / drive / partition configuration?

4. bobverens

bobverens Registered Member

I'm waiting for an answer to the same problem. I've tried EVERY "fix" and "workaround" from google search and forums for this problem, but nothing works. Still awaiting a reply from Acronis. If you find a solution, please post it!

5. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Reviewing posting #2 of this thread Acronis Support has recommended updating to the latest drivers which appears to be version 3.0.0.283. Looking at the version of snapapi.dll (C:\Windows\system32) provided by TI 9 Home, build 3677 I find it to be version 2.1.0.222. My question then becomes this:

Is updating to this newer driver recommended as a general practice?

Best regards,
    Bruce

6. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

This made a huge difference on my desktop system for doing disk to disk imaging (250% decrease in imaging time). I am going to test the imaging times to a usb drive next to see how that goes (got my fingers crossed). Edit: I just completed a usb backup of my system disk and it took 16 minutes. The same backup done to another internal disk happened in 12.5 minutes. Now everything is working as it should within windows.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  7. bobverens

bobverens Registered Member

I don't know about newer drivers, but after being frustrated trying to get 9.x to recognize any of my hard drives, I reinstalled 8.0 (build 859) and it works like a charm! If 9.x works for anyone, go for it. If not, go back to 8.x....newer isn't necessarily better!

8. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. Version 9.3677 is working fine here. I have only used it to image to an internal PATA drive but need to check it out using a USB drive.

Following up I created a full backup to a Maxtor USB drive and it was successfully created. Validating it checked out OK.

Thanks again,
    Bruce

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  9. Acronis Support

Hello bobverens,

If you would like to investigate the issue please install the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. Then download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package, reproduce the issue and collect the c:\snapapi.log file. Also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the issue and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. Acronis Support

Hello Bruce Mahnke,

Please note that the SnapAPI module is in charge of all I/O operations on the hard disk of Acronis software working in Windows. SnapAPI.exe file updates the SnapApi module. Usually the latest build contains the most current version of the Acronis Drivers. Prior to the release of the next build it might be more recent Acronis Drivers present. This package also contains some fixes on I/O operations level so it might help in some cases.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  11. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hello Alexsandr

I am a little confused by your post...

In your first post you say:
    In your second post you say:
    From this I understand the following:
    1. The latest build contains the latested RELEASED drivers.
    2. The "Acronis Drivers Package" contains drivers for the build that is currently in progress. The implication is that these are PRE-RELEASE drivers.

Are you recommending that users install pre-release drivers on a released version of TI9?

Is this a good idea? Have these drivers been fully tested or are they still at Beta? And are these drivers fully backwards compatible?

It would be most helpful if you could provide some more detailed technical data of the correlation between the build and drivers and when it is safe to use drivers that are not included in a released build.

TiA

12. Acronis Support

Hello Tabvla,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm sorry for not being accurate enough in my explanation. Let me explain it in more details.

You almost right. For example, the build 3677 was released on July 01, 2006 and it includes the latest version of Acronis Drivers available at that moment (July 01, 2006) - 222. As I already mentioned in the post #10 there might be intermediate builds of Acronis Drivers between two builds of Acronis True Image. The most recent of thise will be included into the next build of Acronis True Image and so on. So it is normal to update Acronis Drivers for the current version of Acronis True Image which is installed on your computer.

Well, yes. This Acronis Drivers (or the most recent at the moment of the release) will be included into the new build of the product.

Please note that Acronis Drivers you are talking about is fully tested and can be used with any build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

Also, this package can be used for troubleshooting. As you noticed in my first post (post #9)
    during the installation of the Acronis Drivers you can select enable logging. This way snapapi.log file will be created.

I hope I make it clear. If not please feel free to ask me.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

13. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Thanks Alexsandr, that does clarify the position.

It may be useful to rewrite this advice in a clear step-by-step format and post it as a "sticky" on the Forum.

From my experience drivers in general are the single biggest source of all PC problems.

Thanks again :)

T.

14. ma1

ma1 Registered Member

This is for Acronis support:

I think your solution to uninstall and reinstall is ridiculous. Do you understand that your software is being installed (at times) on critical servers that cannot simply be rebooted like a desktop?

That said, we are receving this error "Cannot create the image of the logical drive" as well and it seems to coincide with our upgrade to SQL 2005 on a Windows 2003 server.

Do you know if any issues with version 9.x latest build and SQL 2005 locking files or the volume so as to interfere with the Acronis image capture process?

Please advise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.