Secure IE settings?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by aigle, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I recenly did a fresh install of my system. Previously I have tweaked my IE for better security over many months by changing its default settings according to information I got from various sitea over this period of time. Those settings are now gone with the new OS insatllation and I made the mistake not to write these settings. Is there any site from where I can get inforamtion how to set IE for safe browsing.( I mainly use Opear but some of my friends like to use IE on my PC). BTW i don,t want a lot of tweaks, just few main changes in settings that can make IE secure wiythout compromizing its use too much.
    Thansks.
    ( I am just talking about the settings provided within windows and IE itself. Already I have Spyware blaster protection with SafeXP and also know the options of IESPYad,MVP Host FIles).

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

WSFuser,
    Thanks for the links, I stored them on my computer.
    If Firefox has more security holes than MSIE, these links will help me. :)

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I just use it with SpywareBlaster that check if you have the good options, and change the Advanced Privacy Settings...

Never had a problem with this...

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It shows only three options
    Signed axtive X
    unsigned active X
    scripts etc
    These are enough?

I remeber there was a site to check ur browser security settings but i gorgot it now.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

7. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Aside from IE-SpyAd, SpywareBlaster, SafeXP...you can also add HardenIT, and Spybot S&D's immunizer/bad download blocker function...

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. Infact at the moment I am trying to decrease my security appliamces, so that,s why I reoved spubot, adaware( just relying on SuperAntispywrae free). Similarly updating IESpyAd was a pain, so I removed it. Host files- I never played here. BTW, I use Opera mainly, IE is used occassionally. SO I will just rely upon some change in the settings in IE and spyware blasters protection and OS security by SafeXP. At the moment my real time protection is only AV, firewall plus SnoopFree, I do safe surfing always.

9. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

How can I set it up for IE7?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.