Acronis MigrateEasy works on XP Pro x64 Edition?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jrbach, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrbach

jrbach Registered Member

Does it work with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition?
    Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jrbach,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis System Transferring Software.

I'm afraid that the current version 7.0 of Acronis Migrate Easy does not support 64-bit operating system. Probably this feature will be implemented in future. We regret to inform you that we cannot tell you the exact time of the future version release.

You can obtain Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 basic functionality of cloning by temporarily installing Acronis True Image onto a Windows 32-bit machine and creating an Acronis Migrate Easy Bootable CD. You can then uninstall Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0. As the Acronis Migrate Easy Bootable CD boots you into the Linux environment you can use it to clone your 64-bit OS.

However, all the functionality of Acronis Migrate Easy is included into Acronis True Image 9.0 Home product and it supports 64-bit operating systems.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to see how the software works on your computer.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. jrbach

jrbach Registered Member

"You can obtain Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 basic functionality of cloning by temporarily installing Acronis True Image onto a Windows 32-bit machine and creating an Acronis Migrate Easy Bootable CD. You can then uninstall Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0. As the Acronis Migrate Easy Bootable CD boots you into the Linux environment you can use it to clone your 64-bit OS."

Thanks for the quick response. I was afraid of that...
    There are a lot of great programs still unavailable for the XP 64-bit OS.
    Yet you give me some new hope that I can at least get started by the cloning feature thru True Image...Thanks!

If I understand correctly...I would (in order):
    1) Install the True Image 9.0 Trial Version on a 32-bit system and
    Create an Acronis Migrate Easy Bootable CD from within True Image 9.0??
    2) Install the clone-destination SATA drive and boot the PC with this CD
    (after changing the boot-option to CD in the BIOS 1st).
    3) Simply clone the 64-bit OS and applications over to the destination drive
    using the Migrate Easy Bootable CD?

Do I need to create partitions and format the destination drive before using the Migrate Easy Bootable CD, or will all that be available from the Migrate Easy Bootable CD? Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jrbach,

Actually, Acronis True Image installed within Windows will create Acronis True Image Bootable CD. This is not the CD of Acronis Migrate Easy, but it has the same cloning possibility. And please note that the trial version will not allow you to perform cloning with this CD (only the CD created with the full version allows you to clone a hard drive). This operation is available in case you use Acronis True Image installed under Windows (Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supports 64-bit operating systems).

You, you are tight. This is correct.

It is not necessary, Acronis Migrate Easy and Acronis True Image will allow you to use an unformatted hard drive as the destination. If your destination hard drive is formatted and has partitions then you will be offered to destroy all the partitions on it prior the cloning, otherwise the cloning will not be possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.