How can I split Acronis True Image backups into several parts?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by The_Guardian, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Registered Member

Hello Guys!

I'm new to this forum and my English is not very good so please bear with me.

Reading ATI user's guide and this forums gives me the impression that it is not possible to split the already created backup into several parts so that ATI can afterwards restore the splitted backup. It appears that the only possible way to do so is to create new image.

My question is: can someone more experienced in Acronis True Image software confirm or deny the above statement?

Thank you in advance.
    --
    The_Guardian

2. Kubique

Kubique Registered Member

Hi The_Guardian,

Well, yes, it seems that it is not possible by means of ATI itself.

However, I recently found a very interesting freebie tool on the net called The File Splitter. It is currently at v.1.31 (released July 2, 2005). There are links to it all over the place including PC World.

I successfully split a test image into sizeable chunks, reassembled it, and then restored it.The program is relatively straight forward and has a footprint of 788 KB. Once the file is split, it creates a small executable that is specific to the split files, and is used to reassemble them. I’m not sure as to what information is unique to these associated executables that one needs to be created each time.

The split & merge processes took approximately 20 seconds for a 408 MB Acronis Image.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.