Eudora 5.2 not scanned.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Scytale, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scytale

Scytale Guest

Hi,

NOD is not scanning my incoming email. I saw another user had a problem with the 6.0 version of Eudora in another thread. Can I assume this is the same problem I'm having with version 5.2 - with the ports that Eudora uses? Shouldn't IMON be looking at the server ports the program is sending the POP requests to? 110 is standard for the POP mail server. But any port can be used on the client to access it, AFAIK. Eudora seems to use ports over 1000.

I saw the suggestion to use a 3rd party mail retreiver. Ugh! Is the fix (for 5.2 and/or 6.0) is coming soon? Something like scanning based on the server port the program is connecting to?

2. MegaHertz

MegaHertz Registered Member

Scytale,

I use Eudora v5.2.1 both at home and at work and IMON has always scanned my email just fine (at home). I have never tweaked it other that to set it to scan all extensions.

3. Scytale

Scytale Guest

OK, I was playing around with the settings and it seems to be working fine now. But I think I actually have them all back on the original defaults. Maybe rebooting jiggled something. At any rate, problem solved - and no worries... :)

4. zom

zom Guest

I can not get Imon to work with Eudora 5.2 either.It just sits there at 0 scanned.
    Can someone tell me how they fixed it or is this a bug of some sorts.
    I have two accounts in Eudora.

5. Zom

Zom Guest

Thought I would post this for anyone else having problems in Eudora.
    By default Eudora sets "secure sockets when receiving" to "if available STARTTLS".
    With it like this NOD would not scan so I changed the option in Eudora to "never" and now NOD scans everything coming in.

6. martindijk

martindijk Registered Member

Thanks Zom for this excellent post, i think many Eudora users will appreciate this fix ;)

Thanks again,

Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.