hey for 2.50 to 2.51 do I have to reinstall from scratch?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tempnexus, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Or can I just run update? I tried runing udpate a few times but it's still stuck on 2.50

2. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Just go to the NOD32 page.

http://www.nod32.com/products/windows.php

Click on Download, and then click on the NOD32 For Windows link. That should start the process. The new NOD32 web page design is a little different from the old, but I think this is correct. I'm sure the NOD experts will be around shortly to confirm this. You can install 2.51 over 2.50. I installed the newest version of NOD32 over the top of the version I had running, and had no problems. Hope this helps.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Thats what I did too, install over the top. The only time you delete the old installation first is when you had problems with the old installation and want to avoid having problems with the new installation.

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

the only solution is to download it from the website as suggested. There is no component upgrade through regular update as far as I know.

5. norky

norky Registered Member

this really is a piss poor way to handle updating an av. i can't remember the last time the component upgrade feature upgraded something.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

To be VERY clear here, if and only if an upgrade is required will it do so, and in this case it is required only under very specific circumstances as mentioned by Marcos.

Blackspear.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We will not push large updates to every client (including those with dial-up) if the program has virtually not changed - that's the case of v. 2.50.25 (the last automatic comp. update) and 2.51.26 (the latest installer).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.