backing up using raid 0 help please

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by barnsta, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnsta

barnsta Registered Member

Hi there

I am having problems trying to restore an image using TI 9, i have formatted my raid 0 hardrives and have booted up using acronis cd, then i choose the image i want to retsore (from an ide drive where i keep all my back up bits) it then aks me which disk i want to add it to. So acronis is seeing my raid 0 as 2 seperate drives both being 187 or around that (they are samsung 200gb drives matched) i add the image to disk 2 as this is called drive c and then it restores it (which takes about 25 mins!) then i can't boot up for some reason.

I am sure it has something to do with the raid, shouldn't it just see 1 disk? please please help it must be something very simple.......i hope! Maybe sometning to do with the other ide drive, i wonder if i put the image onto a dvd disk it would work and kept the back up ide drive unplugged?

any help greatly appreciated

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello barnsta,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, Acronis True Image should recognize your Raid array as one hard drive.

Could you please try to create new Acronis Bootable Recsue CD using the latest build # 3567 and see whether it recognizes your Raid array correctly? You can download the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home from the Product Updates section at our web site.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

You can also try to use the "acpi=off noapic" workaround as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue still remains then please let us know the exact model and vendor of your Raid controller and create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. barnsta

hi thanks so far,

I completely reformatted my hardrives and re-installed windows etc then used my copy of acronis TI 9 to back up and then restore and it did the same again. Attached photo. I downloaded the latest version and unfortunately i am unable to register teh product, is there a way around this? i notice that my drives are showing up as 186.3 but they should both be 200gb. Maybe I have corrupt haddrives, is there atool that will fix this?

please please help
    Thanks so far
    o_O

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello barnsta,

Could you please check the disks for errors from under Windows ?

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r"
    where DISK is the partition letter you need to check.

Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

After that please create Acronis Report as I have suggested above. Please contact us either by submitting a pre-sales question which does not require a serial number or by sending the letter directly to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. barnsta

i managed to get it working thanks. I ran chdsk as u advised and then ran acronis in safe mode, seemed to do teh trick.

thanks for all your help guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.