Where are items found stored ?

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by MandyR, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandyR

MandyR Registered Member

I tried MRU Blaster, and got a list of 1071 items. The items didn't tell me what was viewed in each MRU list, just the name of the list like Windows Recent Folder Item 135. How do I know what list this is?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: MRU Blaster released

With the MRUblaster program you would not be able to. You would have to go to the actual location either on your hard drive or the registry where those respective MRU items are stored. In the case of the Windows Recent Folder Item 135....you would find those items in the sub-folder Documents and Settings\(user signed on)\Recent

3. MandyR

MandyR Registered Member

Hmmm...I'm signed in, and there is no RECENT folder under Documents and Settings\my user name. There is a RECENT folder under 'default user', but it's empty.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What operating system ?

Also....the main point of my above answer was that you will not know exactly what MRUblaster found when it shows the items. You would have to do your own search of the actual location either on your hard drive or the registry where those respective MRU items are stored.

5. MandyR

MandyR Registered Member

XP Pro, SP2, fully patched, etc. etc...

I understand. I'll just do a search.

I asked the original question mainly because after I tried out MRU Blaster, I couldn't see what all the hoopla was all about. If can't tell what's being deleted without a whole lot of effort on my part, I figured there must be something / some setting I'm missing. Guess not.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

In the current version of MRU-Blaster, there isn't any easy way to see the full paths to the MRUs it is cleaning, but they are typically described via the name of the program and other identifying information (i.e. what they contain/deal with).

However, I have kept this in mind for the next version. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. Assiste.com

Assiste.com Registered Member

Hi MandyR,

To have an idea of places where lists of Most Recent Used (MRUs) URLs, file names, etc. ... are stored and to see the content of these lists of MRUs not showed in detail with MRUBlaster, you can launch regedit and make a search for "MRU" in keys. You will find, in example :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{E3FE560D-723C-42CD-A625-A513CA10BF76}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Rules\Filter\MRU List

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\MediaBrowser\MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\freeware\virtualdubmod\MRU List

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ClipArt Gallery\2.0\MRUDescription

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MM20\Publish Wizard\MRU List

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Access\Settings\Attacher\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Access\Settings\Fichier Nouvelle base de données\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Access\Settings\Importer\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Access\Settings\Ouvrir\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Excel\Settings\ Importer Fichier Texte\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Excel\Settings\Enregistrer sous\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Excel\Settings\Insérer une image\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Excel\Settings\Ouvrir\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft FrontPage\Settings\Ouvrir le fichier\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Word\Settings\Enregistrer sous\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Word\Settings\Imprimer dans un fichier\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Word\Settings\Insérer une image\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Word\Settings\Lier au fichier\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft Word\Settings\Ouvrir\File Name MRU

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1708537768-2146990195-682003330-1003\Identities\{E3FE560D-723C-42CD-A625-A513CA10BF76}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Rules\Filter\MRU List

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1708537768-2146990195-682003330-1003\Software\Adobe\MediaBrowser\MRU

And so on...

MRUs are also stored in some files...

Best regards,

8. Togg

Togg Registered Member

If you are worried about losing some information, you could always use the Settings option to exclude anything you are particularly concerned about from being scanned.

I have every option checked (except the ones applicable to XP as I'm using '9:cool:. I've used this program for a couple of years and allow it to delete all the junk it finds and have never had any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.