Anyone got this to work with battlefield 2?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by rollers, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi, anyone got some rules for a simpleton to insert to be able to get online with battlefield 2? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks Rollers

2. rollers

I should have said also that I do not use gamspy to get online, just the normal servers that come with the game.

Thanks

I have had to temporarily put on kerio 2.15 to get online and it works fine with that.

3. Kush

Kush Registered Member

4. rollers

I tried this, but still would only find about 22 servers instead of the usual couple of thousand. After about 3 hours of trying...............I came close to giving the computer a jolly good shoeing, but eventually settled on putting kerio 2.15 back on and I can play again.
    I am open to any other suggestions, but there is always the chance of my computer suffering a painful early batterd death if I lose my temper again.

Thanks for your help

Rollers

5. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

On my son's pc he has the enhanced ruleset with the gamespy rule.

He accesses games via the BF2 menu and the Gamespy menu no problem.

I have noticed when doing a BF2 upgrade it is best to re-boot the pc after the upgrade and also I delete BF2 from App Filter and DLLs to allow LNS to re-register them.

Ian

6. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Rollers, (read only if you have SPI enabled?)

If Iangh,suggestions did not work for you?,it could be caused by having Stateful Packet Inspection turned on.It can only handle so much and could be why you can't connect there is a limit to how many connections are allowed,with SPI turned on.

I use WinMX(within a sandbox) with LnS,if SPI is on it just can't handle all those TCP inbound and outbound packets it starts to block them!

If I shut SPI off I can connect to 50-100+ servers,but if SPI is on I will only log on to 20 severs or less :mad: the rest are being blocked! From SPI being turned on,so I shut it off and all severs connect.And turn SPI back on as soon as I am done.

If you take a look at your log file,it will tell you what is blocking your connections and from there you can create the needed rules from the block list,but you said BF2 has thousands of severs.

If this option is selected(SPI) an additional button (Connections) is available in the log patch to see the active TCP connections.

You can try turn SPI off,and see if it works?,I know the beta version can handle many more connections than v205p2.

These are just suggestions,Good luck and hope you get it to work,with LnS.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  7. rollers

Thanks for that I will give it a try, much appreciated

8. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Had another thought. They are always releasing patches for BF2. You know when there is a patch available because the number of servers you see decreases dramatically.

If you haven't installed a patch before it's a slow process - it looks like the process is hanging. Re-boot after install.

Ian

9. rollers

Hi Archie, it was me that started this thread.
    Empty out the log, then try to log into your game. Go back to the log after and then see what entries you have that relate to your game. Then just allow them, and all should be well. It worked with my beloved battlefield 2 and I am still running my L&S, which runs like a dream.
    Just remember that anything out of the ordinary might require its own rules, many of which are held on the L&S site for download.
    I also tick the box to have the same registry entries for all users, so it saves setting it up individually for each user of the computer.

Hope that helps.

Rollers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.