confusing for me- 1

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by adamx, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamx

adamx Registered Member

Sorry, after I posted my previous question in "confusing for me", I wanted to aks you one more thing:

the guys who stole my password not only got the password, but also got the sites I am a member of. How did they manage this? I thought if I know this, I can guard my important things on this computer better.

thanks

Arun

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi adamx,

>> "the guys who stole my password not only got the password, but also got the sites I am a member of. How did they manage this?"

Well, there's no single answer to this question. It really depends upon what type of access they got. They may have had a form of control access over your system, accessing much like you do, so all files on it could have been visible. They could have installed a keylogger or similar program and it could have sent them your information. It's hard to say.

Maybe if you tell us exactly what you've found when you've scanned your system? Did you find any Virus or Trojan files? Have you done full scans with any products to see?

You can use this thread here for general discussions of the "overall problem" and its fixes, while the other thread in the Port Explorer forum can be used to discuss specific questions on how to use that program.

4. adamx

adamx Registered Member

>>>Maybe if you tell us exactly what you've found when you've scanned your system? Did you find any Virus or Trojan files? Have you done full scans with any products to see?<<

I did not find any - becasue I deleted some earlier. I searched Norton and around that date, I had a suspicious e-mail (quarantined) - C:\WINNT\winssk32.exe. Subsequently I had W32.sobig.e@mm but Norton said it repaired it., but at some point since then I had to actually download a fix from Norton for sobig and run it to repir this (or remnants of this). this is all I remmber since this happenned a month ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.