Crazy IE

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by aigle, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It just happened sometimes that I have got IE opening too many windows continuously on its own, until I killed the IE application by task manager. My system is clean. It happened usually when I clicked IE to open, there was some delay and I double-clicked IE multiple times, that triggered this crazy behaviour by IE.

I noted this phenomenon on my friend,s desktop. At that time Norton found some bug and wanted to delete it, and I tried to stop Norton from it( the bug was infact not dangerous as I think). Then Norton opened the symantec site with IE and IE showed the same behaviour. But my case was different as I told.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2006
  2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

That very occasionally has happened to me too. Never found ot why, but closing them all down fixes it with no permanent damage, so i don't worry about. It frequently will occur on dodgy sites if people go there, with ActiveX/Scripting and Java enabled ! I have it all disabled for 99% of the time so i know that's not the reason for me.

I noticed you were on google so that's unusual for it to happen on there. Could be just a glitch in memory etc, or a very brief conflict with one of the other Apps ? You try a repair IE and see if that solves it. If it doesn't happen often i'd forget about, even though it shouldn't happen of course, but narrowing down exactly why it does occur could take forever !

StevieO

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It just happened twice to me. And the time I took snapshot I was offline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.