My Internet Explorer's disabled protection...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sweater, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I rarely used IE...but still I'd want it to be protected by spywareblaster. But I am confused why is it that this remaining items were not enabled yet, even if I've already checked the items in the protection lists. :doubt:

Attached Files:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What items are un-checked in that area....ActiveX or Cookie protection entries ?

Just below protection status in the Quick Tasks area....if you select Enable All Protection....close Spywareblaster....then re-open Spywareblaster....what is the protection status then ?

3. Cypherpunks

Cypherpunks Registered Member

Bubba, I've noticed a couple of posts on this subject already.....add mine.

I now have 72 items disabled under the IE portion of Spyware Blaster. Checking the boxes manually, checking the enable all, dang, doing every last thing doesn't change a thing, they still keep coming up with 72 items diabled.

They are all active X controls. I run Spybot, Avast, Spyware Blast, ZoneAlarm and SpywareGuard. Never had a problem before...and I just downloaded the new --3.5.1 -- version of Spywareblaster a week or so ago.

I'm not going to try to type in the whole list, but among the items disabled are:Mirar.E, Downloader.agent, Electronic Group Dialer, MediaMotor.h and Bomka Trojan.....as well as 60-some other items.

Any clues?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just to make sure....this particular user that's seeing this does have Admin rights in order to write to the Local_Machine portion of the registry o_O

The 72 items rings a bell but I can not as of yet find a past thread. If that is all your Security\Privacy software the only one I am not knowledgeable about is Avast....but I am not inferring it's the cause.

5. Cypherpunks

Avast is a anti-virus program, free for homeusers, from alwil software -- www.avast.com.

Come to think of it, the users name I was working under does not have administrative rights, but that has never mattered before.

I'll try again later with the full-rights login, but considered the other couple complaints here, I'm thinking there may be another problem...

I'll let you know the results either way.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In order to write to the Local_Machine portion of the registry....where the ActiveX entries are stored....a user has to have Admin privileges.

7. Cypherpunks

Bubba:

MANY MANY THANKS. The user privilages were the problem. Once I signed on with full rights, no problemo. Thanks again. Hope the rest of the folks get their woes righted!:D

8. sweater

SpywareBlaster IE could't be checked...

Even if I checked and then clicked the protect the check items it just returns to the unchecked red conditions. Is this normal? :rolleyes: o_O

Is there a need to check the blank box red items...:rolleyes: or it's just ok coz I don't use IE browser? o_O :cautious:

Attached Files:

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Sweater,

I have merged this recent thread you created with your ongoing thread from 2 weeks ago given the fact the issues are the same. Please stay with one thread in the future in order to receive proper assistance.

Concerning these unprotected ActiveX items you are showing in your latest pic....are those the only ones or is that part of the 52 items you are showing in your 1st post above ?

Also....I'll ask the same question I asked Cypherpunks above....is this happening on a user that has Admin priveligies ?

10. sweater

I'll check it first...:rolleyes: :cautious: ..I'll be back..:cool:

11. sweater

Hi... :) I have check the SpywareBlaster in my admin acct and everything was ok and then I also check it in my limited acct and it was also ok. All are okay now. :thumb: The problem was solved when I go to the admin acct and enabled the protections. ;)

Many thanks for your help...you're great.. :D

Attached Files:

12. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Glad you got it working and you are Welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.